New limited slip how quick to change the lube?

I'm adding a limited slip to the super 8.8 in my '15 F150. Seems like I've seen recommendations to swap out gear lube as quick as the first oil change on new limited slip/posi clutch style differentials. Any thoughts on how fast the first change should happen?

Are you changing gears and or only the carrier and carrier bearings? For a Track Lock or Eaton Posi I would probably do 2500 - 5000 on a non factory assembly. Faster if changing the gears. (Follow Gear manufacturer recommendations)

Personally I would do a Eaton True Trac

Are you changing gears and or only the carrier and carrier bearings? For a Track Lock or Eaton Posi I would probably do 2500 - 5000 on a non factory assembly. Faster if changing the gears. (Follow Gear manufacturer recommendations)

Personally I would do a Eaton True Trac
Reusing the OE gears but changing all diff bearings. I've got plenty of miles on it, and I've seen 8.8's have bearing issues. It's 34 spline axle c-clip style rear end. I believe adapting Mustang IRS OE (.009" off c-clips or grind spider gear cup deeper) is the only option. I paid $182 for a new Ford Diff, and $150 for a Ford racing gear install kit. Also thinking to break it in on 80-90 and add 75-140 at first change.

Back