New Edelbrock VRS-4150 Four-Circuit Carburetor

I hope it's better than their Performer series carbs. I bought two different new ones back in the day and could never get either one to work right on two different Chevy engines. One a small block and one a big block. I spent hours on the phone with Edelbrock tech and even took it to several shops with no luck. Tried different jets and metering rods with no luck.

I will say that the Edelbrock Q-jet that I bought new is a great carb and is still on the 396 BB in my 70 Monte and has been for almost 25 years.
I used to run Edelbrock carburetors on the street. Holley on the strip.

Reactions: hrv
Lars Grimsrud reworked the Q-Junk on my L36 Corvette (3.36 Posi). With the aftermarket 16x8 Chrome Ralleys and 255/50/16 Comp TAs, 2nd gear throttle would start to get you sideways.
As I stated, if a Q-Jet is built and tuned correctly, they can't be beat. I only trusted one company in FL. to build mine (if I didn't). It was a guy named Steve at AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING in Clearwater, FL.

Does anyone know what these run good on? If you said a GMC, Weiand, or Dyers 6-71 blower, you are correct (in pic below).
My brother gave me the WHOLE setup (heads, intake, Dyers 6-71 blower, and 2 Predators) to run on my 1970 SS Nova, 402 (a 1970 396-I bet A WHOLE lot of you didn't know that). It ran like a raped ape. State Capital dragstrip required a roll bar in my car, but I didn't want to ruin the interior. So, I played with it on the street (until my brother bought it from me before I moved to FL).

Attachments

• PREDATOR.jpg
    PREDATOR.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
Does anyone know what these run good on? If you said a GMC, Weiand, or Dyers 6-71 blower, you are correct (in pic below).
My brother gave me the WHOLE setup (heads, intake, Dyers 6-71 blower, and 2 Predators) to run on my 1970 SS Nova, 402 (a 1970 396-I bet A WHOLE lot of you didn't know that). It ran like a raped ape. State Capital dragstrip required a roll bar in my car, but I didn't want to ruin the interior. So, I played with it on the street (until my brother bought it from me before I moved to FL).
Don't recall ever seeing one of those. But I've never really been around blowers, except seeing them run at the race track. Looks like a pretty simple set up from the outside.

As I stated, if a Q-Jet is built and tuned correctly, they can't be beat. I only trusted one company in FL. to build mine (if I didn't). It was a guy named Steve at AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING in Clearwater, FL.
Yes sir and they don't leak , Holley can be a Pain in the butt

Anyone ever see an Edelbrock TM2R 2695 intake? I used to run one on my 1967 C10, 396, Holley 750 double pump.
From 2500 RPM that engine would come alive!

Attachments

• EDL.jpg
    EDL.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3
Back