New computer to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new Dell from Amazon w/windows 7. I refused to go to Windows 8 and my 8 year old machine w/XP was getting touchy. I'm very satisfied.

I get tired of Microsoft forcing stuff on us just because they can. Just another example of the customer is never right.

John
W.TN

Last edited:
I had no idea there was so much computer expertise on this oil website. I should have known. I will be re-reading all of your comments later tonight and I may have another question or two. I don't want to wait on Win10. My limited experience with MS, suggests that one wait at least 9 months after it is released to the public. Maybe over cautious here. Thanks for all the input. Ed

If you are going to go with Windows get windows 7... 8, 8.1 is terrible. I found that when I used it a while back that even with the start menu program that it was still was awful. I got sick and tired of it and got rid of it. Windows 7 is much better in my opinion. Windows 10 looks like another failure to me.

yeah Im gonna have fun trying to break and mess up this windows 10 thing though as much as I can, even though I have SSD and raid drives for backup I am NOT trusting this to not somehow mess up all my drives lol. I should just install it on my brothers computer while hes in classes, hahahaha.

Originally Posted By: Constantly
Originally Posted By: ClutchDisc
...requires windows xp or better so I installed linux

lol. Priceless man.

grin.gif
Haha I love that.. I found it on a website once. Yea, I'm done with Windows on my personal computers.. Linux just works so much better!

So you don't think it'd be a good idea to go back to Windows Me on an i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back