New car model launch events

It seems the last couple of years the car manufacturers are having large events for their new model introductions. They invite all these so called youtube auto “journalists” to these events and give them a free vacation. The latest big one was Toyota’s Tacoma launch in Hawaii. All these youtubers just praise the new model and never say anything bad about them. If they do, their free gravy train will come to an end like this guy. This is why I don’t follow most of these youtubers these days.

I watched a few of this guy's reviews prior to buying my truck. They were just OK. However, knowing this I hope he gets more subscribers. I don't like the folks that just show you the car and praise everything about. Basically a Pan the Organizer.

I like Ben..basic solid reviewer but he zips too quickly on his reviews. That said it's better than a long-winded diatribe of infotainment nonsense.
I call him a surface reviewer which I like because I go test drive the vehicles myself.

Funny the other day I noticed he started aging a bit lately.. The public can do that to you.

I just unsubscribed to Savagegeese this week. He wasn’t like the others but I got tired of his sidekick, Jack. Sarah N Tuned does better reviews then most on youtube today.
Interesting that the savagegeese review of the 2024 Tacoma was an interview with the chief Toyota engineer for the Taco.
No review of the product. That speaks volumes.

I just unsubscribed to Savagegeese this week. He wasn’t like the others but I got tired of his sidekick, Jack. Sarah N Tuned does better reviews then most on youtube today.
He did a negative review of my 2018 VW Tiguan which is fine however a few years later with no changes except TSB fixes for transmission programming he had a very positive one in 2021. It was really odd.

It seems the last couple of years the car manufacturers are having large events for their new model introductions. They invite all these so called youtube auto “journalists” to these events and give them a free vacation. The latest big one was Toyota’s Tacoma launch in Hawaii. All these youtubers just praise the new model and never say anything bad about them. If they do, their free gravy train will come to an end like this guy. This is why I don’t follow most of these youtubers these days.

It's not just YouTubers. A few years ago I found THE hotel in Denver near DIA where Ford had unbeknownst to me ( I knew it was an ev but wasn't sure what it was). Mach-e and two Ford GT's which had mirrored engine covers. They also were testing the current Escape, and had some Lincoln looking vehicle that was so top secret it had a blue tarp and was completely covered. They ended up being the test vehicles for the higher performance variant. I sent pics to a few car magazines. Bob Sorokanich from car and driver responded and wanted More information but said most likely they couldn't publish my images as Ford told them they'd be no longer invited to events. TFL was coincidentally uninvited to Fords new Bronco unveiling when they caught sight of a test mule with the 7-speed manual shifter and posted it with a caption of "Is it so a manual transmission option on The new Bronco?"

TFL was coincidentally uninvited to Fords new Bronco unveiling when they caught sight of a test mule with the 7-speed manual shifter and posted it with a caption of "Is it so a manual transmission option on The new Bronco?"
That stinks, I like those guys.

Overall the Ben guy from the OP is not so bad, although he admits that he doesn't try to get invited to these events. Burning up the phone lines of the PR people is probably part and parcel with getting invited.

Savagegeese reminded me of Jesse James for which I didn't like...

James,_Jesse_G._(2007).jpg

Bought Reviewers, not Journalist.

Yep. If you watch one you have watched them all. It seems very scripted to me. I’m sure the automaker gives them all a list of things to point out.

Being an Influencer as I think they call these people now has to be walking a fine line. The Geese Guy found out. One bad word and you are done for.

Micah from KBB has his own side channel where he, his wife, and kid review cars. He’s a little less bias towards the cars then when he’s getting paid by KBB.

Back