New Battery Vendor at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by blupupher

Those battery recycle centers look like toxic [censored]. With all the lead and acid going around there, it is not a place I would want to work.

All that recycling is now being done in Mexico(even though JCI did open up a new LEED-certified facility in South Carolina to reclaim lead) and South Korea now. Which is probably why JCI has been making more batteries in Mexico.

Originally Posted by MParr
Might as well give Exide a go at it. The Walmart Mexican made JCI batteries that I have getting over the past 4 years have been junk. Two batteries in four years isn't a good record.

+1. JCI now gets my boycott for selling Mexican batteries; regardless of COO I've not had great experiences with the last few. The last battery I bought was a US made exide from a Home Depot. I also got a Napa east penn a number of months ago.

The Exide batteries were junk decades ago. I'm not going to take a chance on them now.

I had one blow up in a vehicle I owned a long time ago. It was only a couple years old at the time. That was the last one.

Originally Posted by PimTac
The Exide batteries were junk decades ago. I'm not going to take a chance on them now.

I had one blow up in a vehicle I owned a long time ago. It was only a couple years old at the time. That was the last one.

Things change, at least we can hope. All I know is that voltage retention of the exude I installed is much better than the JCI max or the AAP silver I had employed before.

Originally Posted by nthach
Originally Posted by blupupher

Those battery recycle centers look like toxic [censored]. With all the lead and acid going around there, it is not a place I would want to work.

All that recycling is now being done in Mexico(even though JCI did open up a new LEED-certified facility in South Carolina to reclaim lead) and South Korea now. Which is probably why JCI has been making more batteries in Mexico.

There is a place in Tampa that reclaims lead as well. I know a guy who works there.

Originally Posted by andyd
... So far Exide hasn't had a positive review yet.
The Exide 24F I bought for under $40 at Rural King never had a problem, and didn't cover itself with acidic grunge, unlike all 3 JCI batteries I'd used earlier.

I just bought a battery at Walmart and it was a JCI. I was going to get another O'reilly's battery since the one I just replaced lasted almost 10 years but I didn't want to pay $60 more dollars for a car that probably won't last that much longer.

FWIW I had an Exide battery that was excellent. The guy at the local auto parts store stayed open late about 15 minutes just so I could pick up the battery. I was grateful for him doing that for me because my wife had to use her car the next day so I didn't care what the brand was. I look for Deka battery, though when I need one now.

Originally Posted by Linctex
I looked at almost every battery on the shelf at a Walmart in Fort Worth - all were JCI.

Same down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back