New at AAP: "ProTune" Hyundai aftermarket filter for 2.5 Smartstream (Theta III)

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Comparing it to the NAPA Gold:

AAP: Part# 5001-704855
NAPA: Part# 100514

AAP: Made in China
NAPA: Made in Vietnam

No micron numbers for either.

AAP: $17
NAPA: $18

For what ever it's worth, when i asked the employee, he said the ProTune is a rebadged Carquest Premium.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Any idea how much the filter is from the dealer? I buy our accent filters at the dealer for $13. All the aftermarket ones I've seen are decently more expensive.

Any idea how much the filter is from the dealer? I buy our accent filters at the dealer for $13. All the aftermarket ones I've seen are decently more expensive.
Hyundai/kia # 26350-2S001 is $14.78 from the dealer.

The 26300-35505 blue spin on is $6.50 here in central MN

I just did some digging on that company & I'd not known it's owned by Advance Auto Parts since 2005... Interesting! I'd say the Protune has more media but in all honesty they both look like excellent filters. I'd save the $1 & grab the Protune but what do you think? Nice comparison.

Hyundai/kia # 26350-2S001 is $14.78 from the dealer.

The 26300-35505 blue spin on is $6.50 here in central MN
Our accents use an odd cartridge filter with a plastic protrusion on it so the pricing is pretty interesting. Took a while for the aftermarket to even make them.

$11.64/ea my cost from Worldpac.

With a little planning and bulk ordering, Wix WL10514 for $7.80 from Rockauto is a much smarter buy.

is this for your Sonata ??.. just a fyi that Napa Gold looks to be a Premium Guard and they are $12 on Amazon for your Sonata.
Yes and Yes. I have a couple PG around here somewhere i bought for $4/filter on Amazon recently. Looks very similar.

I have used the Premium Guard filters which state 10K miles. Used on my 23 Tucson 2.5. Made in Vietnam looks identical to the one you have. Very impressive quality. On sale now at Amazon for $4.33 each. I originally paid about $13.00 Look it up.

I have used the Premium Guard filters which state 10K miles. Used on my 23 Tucson 2.5. Made in Vietnam looks identical to the one you have. Very impressive quality. On sale now at Amazon for $4.33 each. I originally paid about $13.00 Look it up.
Yes, I took part in that Amazon sale, too. I purchased 4 PG. And you're right, great build quality. But I'll say this, so is the ProTUNE.

Back