Never hear about Chinese brand motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My other (minor) justification for using the local CPC stuff (main ones are the availability of retro specs, and price), and fairly cheap oil in general, is that there are persistent rumours of conterfeit oils here.

While I doubt that is likely to affect big chain supermarket purchases, if it does happen, its much more likely that pricier foreign oils (AGIP gets mentioned) would be targeted, because the profit would be higher.

This is probably unlikely to be a retail issue in the US, but I wouldn't be sure about Ebay.

Or even Amazon

61THNHW31oL._SL1053_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Unknown-Fake-Spilled-Motor-Oil/dp/B076V77GT8

The "too good to be true" price test doesn't work here.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
crazy2.gif
yourself

My "CNPC is the mainland China equivalent. No experience with their stuff and don't want any." was political predjudice and nothing to do with their oil quality, which is probably fine.

Likewise the CPC stuff here seems to be fine, but there are quite a lot of unknown private labels here (don't know if that applies to mainland China but I'd doubt it) that I'd have reservations about.

Sure I am crazy...
lol.gif

Believe it or not, I think it would have to be decent oil even in China...

My response was more to the 70s looking package....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: Ducked
crazy2.gif
yourself

My "CNPC is the mainland China equivalent. No experience with their stuff and don't want any." was political predjudice and nothing to do with their oil quality, which is probably fine.

Likewise the CPC stuff here seems to be fine, but there are quite a lot of unknown private labels here (don't know if that applies to mainland China but I'd doubt it) that I'd have reservations about.

Sure I am crazy...
lol.gif

Believe it or not, I think it would have to be decent oil even in China...

My response was more to the 70s looking package....

Dont think you'll see this in China, if you mean the PRC.

Unfortunately they've changed the package. This style now, though its a bit cheaper than these multigrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back