Never ever drank even one energy drink?

My daughter drinks it occasionally. She takes them out to the field with her. I guess she said that Marines live on Copenhagen, Monster drinks, and nicotine. I think she still chews but only during a bivouac.

I think I drank a Monster daily my junior and senior years of high school. Ate a lot of gas station hot dogs then too. I actually still like that chemical taste, but rarely drink it anymore.

I like this series today's pic
20221028_153512.jpg

I've never had one, don't need it. I see people at the bars all the time drinking a Jagermeister and vodka. Not a good idea. One's a stimulant and one's a depressant . Not good for the heart.

I have never had an energy drink. They don't appeal to me at all. With all those stimulants in energy drinks, I can't help but believe that they are not good for our health.

But I don't drink much soda drinks any longer either. About 30 years ago, I was bicycling a lot. It occurred to me that it made absolutely no sense to be drinking drinks filled with co2 when my body was working so hard to get rid of co2. So I cut way back. With age it becomes harder to maintain a healthy weight, so I've cut back soda even more. It really does help.

I can't imagine trying to control my weight, drinking energy drinks that are loaded with sugar.

I have never had an energy drink. They don't appeal to me at all. With all those stimulants in energy drinks, I can't help but believe that they are not good for our health.

But I don't drink much soda drinks any longer either. About 30 years ago, I was bicycling a lot. It occurred to me that it made absolutely no sense to be drinking drinks filled with co2 when my body was working so hard to get rid of co2. So I cut way back. With age it becomes harder to maintain a healthy weight, so I've cut back soda even more. It really does help.

I can't imagine trying to control my weight, drinking energy drinks that are loaded with sugar.
Most now are mainly sugar free as that is what most people are demanding and wanting out of them. Bang energy drinks are widely used by people doing Keto not that I am but they used widely by many on a carb free sugar free diet.
5A1B2312-CD37-4070-9923-78D7C8C71C1A.jpeg

I’ve technically never had one however I did try a few sips of Red Bull once and loved it, to me it tastes like cherries, apparently I’m crazy because everyone I’ve told that too has looked at me like I’m from mars when I say that 😂. That said I can’t do it. I can’t bring myself to drink that kind of thing. I tried the Red Bull by choice because it was offered and I had permission since I was a little bit younger. I see everyone at work buying them things on the tool trucks and out of the vending machines by the twos and threes and then drinking them all I’m like I just can’t. Soda, coffee, lemonade and apple cider and egg nog are good enough for me to drink. I don’t want anything else. I think it’s common for my age to drink them because they think it’s cool and they probably taste good but I could care less about any of that it’s not good for me, me is who I care about. If I want to wake up I just drink coffee or Mtn Dew Baja Blast that stuff always gives me a boost haha. I know soda isn’t the best for me but probably 10 times better than those energy drinks. So yeah I’ve never had a full one but I’ve tried one before. I don’t plan to drink them ever. I’m 20 and heck I remember in elementary school when those monster drinks really got popular everyone was drinking them but I don’t let peer pressure get to me I just avoid it. I’d go on the bus everyday and just about everyone had a Monster and was sipping on it. Personally I feel they are a waste of money. I’d rather save that couple dollars for some tools not some overrated no good drink.

Last edited:
Most now are mainly sugar free as that is what most people are demanding and wanting out of them. Bang energy drinks are widely used by people doing Keto not that I am but they used widely by many on a carb free sugar free diet.
View attachment 123546

Here is a website that lists sugar content in coffee, tea, soda and energy drinks. While there are quite a few of sugar free choices, it looks like the majority have sugar content, per ounce, in the same range as most popular soda drinks.

I've tried sodas with artificial sweeteners, and really don't care for how they taste, or how them make me feel. I've also read studies that show the body interprets artificial sweeteners the same as sugar, and reacts similarly, as far as weight gain. The only real benefit to artificial sweeteners is for those who watch their sugar intake for health reasons, such as heart disease, diabetes, the risk of strokes, etc.

Given a choice, I'll totally skip a drink with artificial sweeteners, and just drink sugar drinks less often.

Last edited:
Isn't mountain dew the highest caffein soft drink anyway. Why not just drink that - I know several programmers that mostly live on the stuff I think.
I think maybe there's some higher caffeine version of Mt Dew now, but yes when I was a toddler it was the go-to caffeine drink for those who weren't into coffee.

However, the energy drinks get a synergy going, the taurine does have an effect and there are other amino acids that for better or worse, can help you recover from the stimulants, or accentuate them, or are, along with other ingredients like certain herbs, just other hidden forms of stimulants or meant to magnify their effects. Same for the B- and other water soluble vitamins, and minerals, that can get depleted from stimulant use. In best case it's just putting back electrolytes and B-vitamins.

I researched this a bit years ago, when it got my attention that there were energy drinks with alcohol in them which seemed crazy. Who really needs a stimulant to be able to drink more? I guess the party crowd, clubbers, want to keep the energy going. Thank god I'm past that period in life. It kind of reminds me of the truck stop/gas-station pep me up products back when they had ephedrine but they cracked down on those around the early '00s because people were having heart attacks.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Have had a bunch starting with Jolt in the 90s, which is fabulous, second favorite is peach Red Bull. If I drink any other flavor of Red Bull it is the sugar free and I just down them as they all taste bad except for the peach which is sip. Usually only drink them on road trips when I get tired of coffee - well the frequent bathroom stops from the coffee.
Actually had a coworker whose son died from drinking too many energy drinks everyday. Put him in an arrhythmia and he passed in his late 20's.

Last edited:
I never have had a Red Bull How much sugar in in a can? I am not a soft drink fan.

Back