Neutral Drop

I like the motorcycle crash videos on youtube.I seems that most riders are on drugs or watching their cell phones.

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
It's saddening how those with lower IQ's choose to illustrate their creativity.

Not sure how intelligence, perceived or otherwise, has anything to do with having fun.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
And the point is?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Well, I guess it's not as bad as the monumentally stupid 'cash for clunkers' debacle.

How is it "not as bad?" It's the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by exranger06
Well, I guess it's not as bad as the monumentally stupid 'cash for clunkers' debacle.

Taxpayers aren't forcibly funding this.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
It's saddening how those with lower IQ's choose to illustrate their creativity.

+1

Originally Posted by joekingcorvette
Wow that Jeep took a beating with 246,000 miles and kept on going. I had no idea they would take that much abuse. The Ford 250 was also amazing. I didn't have time to watch any more of them.

1/2 of the first one was enough for me.

Nothing of the sort...aside from the fact above re fincanicial incentives to buy a new car, these are cars that are already AT the wrecking yard

Originally Posted by Shannow

Nothing of the sort...aside from the fact above re fincanicial incentives to buy a new car, these are cars that are already AT the wrecking yard

The people who traded in their cars during C4C knew their cars were going to get junked. In both scenarios, the car winds up at the yard. The reason they got there is irrelevant.

In both scenarios, you have running and driving cars needlessly destroyed. At least with C4C the yards could part out the rest of the cars. This guy apparently crushes them right after his shenanigans, keeping good parts from people who need them. And there's no boost to the economy via new car sales like C4C. I'm no fan of C4C, but I posit that it was better than what this guy is doing.

The people who traded in their cars during C4C knew their cars were going to get junked. In both scenarios, the car winds up at the yard. The reason they got there is irrelevant.

In both scenarios, you have running and driving cars needlessly destroyed. At least with C4C the yards could part out the rest of the cars. This guy apparently crushes them right after his shenanigans, keeping good parts from people who need them. And there's no boost to the economy via new car sales like C4C. I'm no fan of C4C, but I posit that it was better than what this guy is doing.

The key: At taxpayer expense.

I was out of the consumer car repair game when the monumental stupidity of C4C came along. I have lots of friends and former colleagues who are still in automotive repair that had to carry out the stupidity of C4C to the letter. A lot of decent vehicles were needlessly destroyed. All paid for by the taxpayers.

This guy can do what he wants, since he owns them. Mr and Mrs retired taxpayer don't have to pony up for it.

He owns them...can do what he wants with them...

Precisely. They appear to work at/own a scrap yard, which means someone is selling these vehicles as scrap to them.
21.gif

First off, I don't think this is a C4C. It is 2019 not 2009. Second, C4C kind of activities will let you park your car for a week and let others bail it out before being crushed (i.e. if someone traded in a 5k car for 1k, it can be bailed out instead of crushed). Third, this car is at the end of life, junkyard will sell it whole instead of crush if someone will buy it.

So why didn't anyone buy it? Why don't YOU buy it? If nobody wants to buy it what do YOU want the owner to do with it? Would you buy it with your money? Why not.

A sitting car is a liability and cost space and money, if people will buy it they would have sold it whole instead of taking scrap value, going back on the road.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PandaBear
First off, I don't think this is a C4C.

Nobody said it was.

I said at least this isn't as bad as C4C.

The reason it isn't as bad as C4C, is that the guy owns the Jeep that is being destroyed, and taxpayers aren't having to pay for the privilege.

I've watched a few of these.. I find them both annoying. I no longer like the channel.

They could probably pull and sell those perfectly good motors and transes, but, that's just me getting old.
They’ve said in a previous video they sell the whole car or take it straight to the scrap yard to be parted out if it’s worth it (aka Junkmans Paradise), they have fun with the ones that are destined for a crusher anyway.

Wow that Jeep took a beating with 246,000 miles and kept on going. I had no idea they would take that much abuse. The Ford 250 was also amazing. I didn't have time to watch any more of them.

The Cavalier
They’ve said in a previous video they sell the whole car or take it straight to the scrap yard to be parted out if it’s worth it (aka Junkmans Paradise), they have fun with the ones that are destined for a crusher anyway.

I meannnnnn.... yeah, someone is going to have to explain to me how they can't Salvage out of those cards as well I mean I can only assume those cars have some kind of legal issues that maybe they can't be parted out but okay that much I understand.

I am trying not to be a curmudgeon but the whole schtick of them screaming at each other just seems annoying to me. And SFI...

I love when he hits the random window air conditioner on the side of the street and all the refrigerant starts shooting out of it 🤣

Back