Neighbor from Hell - this week's events

I FEEL your pain, have a neighbor on one side of me that are in there late 50s and on the heavier side. Paul/neighbor is a nice guy but his wife is more than something else. He was sick for a month soo I went over and mowed there grass multiple times and never asking or wanting anything in return. He calls over to thank me each time and all is well. I started mowing there yard on the side where it buts up with mine to make it look uniformed and nice because he will let it go for two weeks at a shot. His wife comes out and tells me not to mow there yard. I told her I am just doing it to keep it looking nice. She turns around and goes down to the police telling them I am harassing her because she told me not to mow there yard. Cop comes down, I explain the situation --- he shakes his head and tells me just not to mow there part of the yard. What about nice guys finishing last?????

Last edited:
The dog warden comes hours or a day after so dog warden never finds my dog loose.
The dog warden presses charges against you over your dog without witnessing that it was out loose ? If it was just from security camera footage, it might be easy to say "yeah, it kinda looks like our dog but ours doesn't get out".

See is not let our to run wild.
You admitted yours got out and ran down the street. Doesn't matter if it was the first and only time or if it's a habitual thing.

This week's events include:
1) Plumber drained water heater onto my driveway and some ran off the drive onto neighbors mulch. Neighbor told plumber in not so nice way he did not want any water running onto his property. This neighbor has pumped hundreds of gallons of water daily for weeks on end into the back of his property that then runs on another neighbor's property.
2) I mow my grass and there is a tight spot between planting bed and cable company box near the street. I push my mower through and maybe a little past my property boundary. He planted a 2' arborvitae there to block pushing my mower.
3) My dog ran into the street down the street from his property but his creepy camera caught my dog in the street and called the dog warden. Dog warden showed up and talked to my wife and kind of rolled his eyes when mentioning that someone had called the dog warden. This is the 3rd time he called the dog warden. We got a ticket on the 2nd time. Went to court (wife is a retired asst attorney general) got a court date. Then it was dismissed with no reason. Most likey reason was he would not appear in court.

He does an equal (maybe more) number of things to annoy the neighbor on the other side of him.
Let me see if I have this right:

1) You dumped water on his plantings.

2) You had been running your mower on his property, until he blocked your way.

3) You let your dog run loose, and got a ticket for it because it is illegal where you live.

Tell me again how it is all his fault?

3) You let your dog run loose, and got a ticket for it because it is illegal where you live.

HOW ABOUT A HUGE "AMEN".

I FEEL your pain, have a neighbor on one side of me that are in there late 50s and on the heavier side. Paul/neighbor is a nice guy but his wife is more than something else. He was sick for a month soo I went over and mowed there grass multiple times and never asking or wanting anything in return. He calls over to thank me each time and all is well. I started mowing there yard on the side where it buts up with mine to make it look uniformed and nice because he will let it go for two weeks at a shot. His wife comes out and tells me not to mow there yard. I told her I am just doing it to keep it looking nice. She turns around and goes down to the police telling them I am harassing her because she told me not to mow there yard. Cop comes down, I explain the situation --- he shakes his head and tells me just not to mow there part of the yard. What about nice guys finishing last?????
And once again, no good deed goes unpunished!

Neighbor liked his dog out in the backyard while he was working (mowing cleaning whatever)
one time it charged 30ft into my yard and took out my knee(sprained it)... I was on the ground but dog just ran back because neighbor was yelling at it.

Next time I had shovel and dog got wacked in face with it. I didn't swing the shovel more like deflected the charging dog's head with it.
Dog stopped charging me. Neighbor didn't see any of it except that dog was 50ft into my yard.
I did alot of yardwork with that shovel handy.

Next episode... guy on motorcycle pulled over by cop with flashers going... in front of neighbors house.. well its a huge speed trap there.. 25mph one way.. and school zone other way..
nope dog ran out into road and dented the motorcycle's fender when she got hit.
Neighbor cited.

Should mention dog was 80-90lb large lab mix.

Shortly thereafter neighbor sold out and didn't even tell me he was selling or moving..
I was the good neighbor helping him get his mower started etc .. oh well.

He sold at a bad time house is worth probably 75% more now than when he sold it
after <$5000 investment.

Now its a rental a flipper bought it and rents it out... but my rental neighbors are super quiet and nice... Win!

IMG_2510.jpeg

I moved in current house 26 years ago. Next door (both sides) were older couples who just by coincidence knew people we knew and some of both or our families and co workers. I ended up at both houses almost weekly doing all sorts of minor electrical / auto / plumbing / lawn equipment repairs for them. I never charged them money (not why I did that) except for parts. I always tried to help folks to keep them from having to pay for small repair items that lots of times would have cost an arm and leg. We all ended up cooking and sharing with each other. It was very nice. All became good close friends for many years until they started to either pass away or end up living with children or in assisted living and selling the houses. Now we are the "old timers!" :oops: Once the great neighbors were all gone is when the troubles began. Total strangers came. Totally unfriendly. Fully disrespectful and trouble making who actaully seem to enjoy causing grief. This house is about the 4 or 5th home we have lived in since we moved to this town and we always introduced ourselves right away to new neighbors when moving in and always bent over backwards to be quiet/polite and tried to be almost invisible and cause zero issues. These people today are a totally different breed. WELL..... Knock on wood. They have all been super quiet this month since the air raid siren they forced me to set off to drown their music and show them what it is like when someone does not care about distrubing them. But... maybe the last call to the police on them worked (for a while I guess). I absolutely tried NOT to involve police but when they will not even make eye contact or answer the door what can a person do? UNfortunately they brought "the man" down upon themsleves thru their lack of respect for their neighbors. What type of idiot would take their very own security camera and aim it at the next door neighbor's (mine)
side door? To me playing a very disrespectful childish game to then watch and scream .... "ahieeee!" and celebrate and laugh and turn the music louder when they see me open my door!?

Last edited:

When there are two lawns that meet along a property line each homeowner probably has his lawn mower wheels an inch or so on the neighbors property so the lawn mower blades will cut to the edge of his lawn. I am sure that's the case with every property line along a lawn in the small development. This neighbor planted a tree to prevent it in one spot.

The neighbor was pumping hundreds of gallons of water a day from his wet basement into the back of his yard, most of which ran into a neighbors property. The plumber was draining 50 gallons of water from hot water heater (it was clean, no rust as I had flushed it recently) onto my driveway. Some ran off to the side onto the neighbors mulch. It was the way the neighbor talked to the plumber that was the problem. The plumber picked up on it.

My dog is pretty smart and has learned the property lines and to listen to me most of thevtime. This particular time she went 10 or 20 feet from me to sniff another dog, not listening to me. The creepy neighbor with cameras covering all of my property latter told the other neighbor with the dog that he had a video if she wanted to use it to call the dog warden. She said that it's was not really an issue. But even though he was not involved he called the dog warden anyway.

He does not get along the neighbor on the other side as that neighbor has Daushaunds that are sometime yippy. He calls his neighbors name if he sees him outside to taunt him. Called the State Police saying he cut a piece of sting that marked the property line.

I have little tolerance for unleashed dogs. Any place that is more civilized than Somalia or Delaware has a law against it.
We’re in Delaware right now at the mall. More peaceful than PA which is complete lawlessness….

Years ago, my friend and I were walking in the neighborhood (we were 14 yrs old at the time) just being kids. Anyhow, we were walking and talking , and we walk up to this house where a lady is outside doing yard work. She noticed that him and I just stopped because we saw her dog , unleashed and stopped and started staring at us. Not a second after she says, “ don’t worry he’s a good boy he doesn’t bite!” The dog indeed did bite. He charged at us, and got a good bite out of my friends leg and wouldn’t let go until her and her husband had to physically get him off. He had to get stitches, it was pretty nice bite. I do NOT trust dogs unleashed.

People are accustomed to hiding behind their keyboard and no longer fear getting punched in the face. That neighbor needs a good beat down.
I was so frustrated until I had the air raid siren idea that I was going to write a friendly type of pleading letter asking can we meet and stop the foolishness and come to a compromise. BUT I thought about it and I dont see how he could agree without being so ashamed or embarassed at the stunts he has pulled so far. Especially after the aiming of his own security camera at my door and then all of them letting loose in their drunken states with their Spanish "aieee!!!! ha ha haha, gingo!!!! screaming since they enjoyed it so much. So funny to them I supose seeing angry old anglo dude open the door in frustration and looking that way and screaming "turn it down! idiots! Same weekend I parked car in my yard between the two houses and set off my alarm which did absolutley nothing as they just laughed and turned it louder. I have zero against anyone of any nationality but this is a bit strange and totally disrespectful and a bit bold for someone to move into a new place and act like this I think.

We've got some nice Mexican neighbors who live about 75 yards down the lane. Cute kids and hard working with a landscaping company. Every quarter or so they have a fiesta... quencieras, birthdays, etc and crank up the Banda and Mariachi music until 11 or 12. I don't mind it so much and appreciate that somewhere nearby, there are folks having a good time.
They find all kinds of reasons to throw a party.

My sister had a gentle Great Dane that one time ripped half the face nearly off the neighbors teenage girl. Somehow got to keep the dog.

I had pugs and never trusted them when people allowed their young kids up close. It's not the size or breed it's the fact they are unique animals unhindered by social breeding and morals.

We've got some nice Mexican neighbors who live about 75 yards down the lane. Cute kids and hard working with a landscaping company. Every quarter or so they have a fiesta... quencieras, birthdays, etc and crank up the Banda and Mariachi music until 11 or 12. I don't mind it so much and appreciate that somewhere nearby, there are folks having a good time.
We have similar neighbors. We just stay up late and play games/watch tv.

Once every 2 months or more isn't really an issue

Back