Need to source decent rims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle in sig. I have a bad habit of hitting potholes and bending rims. The occasional curb gets me as well.

I can get Dorman refurbished wheels for about 100 off amazon. Cash is extremely tight at the moment.

I’m going to go junkyard hunting unless someone has a better idea

If you have a habit then just run steelies or donuts all the time. Save the nice rims for when you sell the car?

don't forget E-bay!! i got a like new OE alloy for my 11 Nissan Frontier SV $80 delivered!! if you need several an aftermarket set can be an option + if tyres are getting close to the end, a wheel + tyre package from discount tire is good as ship, mount + balance is included!! buying from a local auto recycler is good in case you get a bent one, easy exchange!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

I can get Dorman refurbished wheels for about 100 off amazon. Cash is extremely tight at the moment.

Is that for 4 or 5 or 1?

What does decent mean to you? Holds the air and tire in place? Or something more?

I agree with Craigslist for the best deal. Shipping wheels is expensive.

Try https://www.discounttire.com/ and plug in your info. You can get nice looking aluminum and you can get basic steel.

Last edited:
You should get the 16-inch steel wheels from Tire Rack. They are about $80 each, and TR does have free shipping now
smile.gif

If you choose to buy tires with the wheels, they do mount and balance for free. You may need new tires when you minus-size to the 16-inch wheels, but that is OK because you will get more sidewall, which also provides some protection to the wheels and will ride better, too.

Fusions run the 5x114.3 pattern. This size is shared with tanks like the dodge caravan and those wheels might be beefier.

Originally Posted By: Carbon
Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

Is that for 4 or 5 or 1?

What does decent mean to you? Holds the air and tire in place? Or something more?

I agree with Craigslist for the best deal. Shipping wheels is expensive.

Try https://www.discounttire.com/ and plug in your info. You can get nice looking aluminum and you can get basic steel.

Basic steel wheels. Holds air, round, not bent.

The dorman price is for one steel wheel

Last edited:
Craiglist. You're lucky your wheel's bolt pattern is the common 5 x 114.3, nearly every wheel comes in that pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back