Need some positivity (Newthings)

Ws6

We've got plenty of negativity around us. What's a cool newthing you managed to acquire lately that fits under this heading? For me, it was my KAC QDC 556. Check cashed mid February of this year, stamp arrived this Friday and I picked her up today. Roughly 6mo from start to finish.
20200817_100420.jpg

Nice! Seven months on the dot for mine. A DeadAir sandman. It was a welcome surprise to get the phone call that everything was approved and I could come pick it up. On the .300 BLK pistol, with subsonic ammo, it’s really, really quiet.

I picked up another key mount QD flash hider for my .308. Takes just a couple seconds to install. I may have to give it a try on a 5.56...

Attachments

• F7E8924D-AD40-49E6-A863-1DA574784660.jpeg
    F7E8924D-AD40-49E6-A863-1DA574784660.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 539DBC05-C914-4214-9AF6-EB219A2AF3A9.jpeg
    539DBC05-C914-4214-9AF6-EB219A2AF3A9.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Ws6
I picked up my Q full nelson and Sig 7.62Ti cans last Friday, 4 and 3 months respectively from check cashed to in hand.

Nice! Seven months on the dot for mine. A DeadAir sandman. It was a welcome surprise to get the phone call that everything was approved and I could come pick it up. On the .300 BLK pistol, with subsonic ammo, it’s really, really quiet.

I picked up another key mount QD flash hider for my .308. Takes just a couple seconds to install. I may have to give it a try on a 5.56...

How do you like the Leupold?

I love it.

It’s very clear, and the red dot is sharp. It wakes up when moved, goes to sleep when idle for 15 minutes. Lots range of adjustment in brightness.

EOTech bugged my eyes with the pixelated/grainy dot.

I wanted a Red Dot for the pistol, given my anticipated use. Leupold makes a great red dot.

I wanted a Red Dot for the pistol, given my anticipated use. Leupold makes a great red dot.

I kind of want a sig p365 with the red dot. But no one has one to try. I like the red dot idea on a pistol. But i am worried about how fast you can acquire the sight vs just looking down the barrel at the sights. I would hate to buy one and not like it.

Tennis ball can, tennis balls cut in half, and mineral wool. Makes the best silencer in the world.
It's amazing what being in the military teaches you. ;)
Maybe for a pistol or a .22, and no, that's the kind of stuff you learned as a 12 year old where I'm from, lol! But when you try that contraption on a 5.56 SBR, you're going to have household goods all over the lawn.

I kind of want a sig p365 with the red dot. But no one has one to try. I like the red dot idea on a pistol. But i am worried about how fast you can acquire the sight vs just looking down the barrel at the sights. I would hate to buy one and not like it.
Red dots take a bit of training. You won't just pick the gun up and say "Wow, I am amazing!" but they are worth the squeeze if you have the juice.

I’ve shot an STI 9mm double stack (race gun) with a red dot. So cool. So easy to shoot. Adapting to the red dot was quick and easy. As my eyes get older, and the front sight more fuzzy, a red dot makes sense.

I did pick up and look at a Sig P365 SAS. Those SAS sights are really interesting. Very bright in day time.

I had thought “how could this work? They’re flush!”

But the sight picture was normal, the sights clear, and I would really like to try one at the range.

Maybe for a pistol or a .22, and no, that's the kind of stuff you learned as a 12 year old where I'm from, lol! But when you try that contraption on a 5.56 SBR, you're going to have household goods all over the lawn.
That's true about it being oh so basic. When you're discharged, you get debriefed. They expect your mind to be like a light switch, turn it off and forget everything you learned.

I love it.

It’s very clear, and the red dot is sharp. It wakes up when moved, goes to sleep when idle for 15 minutes. Lots range of adjustment in brightness.

EOTech bugged my eyes with the pixelated/grainy dot.

You know about their MIL/LEO discount right? It is significant, you would just need to send in your DD214.
I have a couple of 1.5 - 4 scout scopes coming for a couple of recent builds, I think I'm done with red dots on anything except CQ guns.

I do know about the Leupold discount. Thanks. Great program. It’s why I chose their red dot (LCO).

I've been liking my new-ish S&W M&P M2.0 Pro Series CORE quite a bit, even more with the Apex Duty/Carry spring kit installed in it now.

Back