Need help finding Top Tier below zero work gloves. $$

Need help finding Top Tier below zero work gloves. $$. The stuff out there that I can find is all garbage. When I was younger, they made quality gloves with some thick insulation. Even the 3M based ones were thick. Now the 3M ones are paper thin and you get cold at 40 degress. Do any of guy know of any specailty gloves that are out there made to somewhat work like gloves did back in the 80's. They were ones that you could not move your fingers much as there was insulation around the fingers, but they were warm. China has ruined the winter glove.

I used to work as a ski patroller at a major Vermont resort. Doing that full time you would chew through typical "ski" gloves pretty steadily. We went to the farm store in town and bought the lined work gloves like this:

Then went to the lost and found from the PRIOR year (which was up for grabs) and got cloves with long draw-string gauntlets and cut off the gauntlets and sewed them on the work gloves. Add a $5 pair of glove liners when it's under 15F and this was good down to -20 or -30F if you were moving and working. Keep the leather treated with mink oil or similar wax and they were waterproof to pretty tough conditions.

Nowadays Marmot, etc. make gloves like this usually called "Guide gloves" or also "Patrol gloves." They are now more common. Here is a model I am fond of as it is affordable:

https://www.freethepowder.com/collections/gloves/products/rx-pro-glove

This company has a nice "pro" deal but it needs to be a snow sport job but you could ask them.

Once found some over sized high impact gloves on sale, and found wearing them over some smaller gloves to be a great cold weather option, though I am mostly only clearing the snow when using them. The best part being when needing higher dexterity I can remove the outer glove and still have the hand covered from the cold. I have also bought a lot of thrift store second hand gloves being there are of more affordable pricing for a high quality glove as available.

The newer gloves that seem to provide the best warmth are the cheaper fluffy ones, I'm talking sub $5 cost, I'd buy these over many $20 and $30 ones. I also have a pair of older lined leather gloves that I gravitate to if it isn't below zero (Fahrenheit).

You give little info on your application. However I will state the standard work glove/mitten of ski areas and a few skiier friends use them are Kinco branded gloves.

Need help finding Top Tier below zero work gloves. $$. The stuff out there that I can find is all garbage. When I was younger, they made quality gloves with some thick insulation. Even the 3M based ones were thick. Now the 3M ones are paper thin and you get cold at 40 degress. Do any of guy know of any specailty gloves that are out there made to somewhat work like gloves did back in the 80's. They were ones that you could not move your fingers much as there was insulation around the fingers, but they were warm. China has ruined the winter glove.
Wells Lamont is the best glove made.

Back