Need advice - Ebay auction gone wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bugged me so much I decided to write to the seller and see what he/she would say. Seller is claiming you get the OEM Allison part not the PurePro one the OP of this thread got. Clearly not the case with the OP's order so something is on the shady side to me.

I wrote:
Quote:
Dear u-techcenter,

Is this an Allison OEM filter as shown in the auction photo and as referenced by the OEM part # or is it really a cheapo PurePro filter as mentioned at the very bottom of the details with the T1276 part #? That PurePro part# hidden down at the bottom of the page makes me very hesitant to bid. The auction implies it is an OEM Allison filter and I want to be sure that is what I get not some cheap made in China knock off. Thanks for your time.

The reply:
Quote:
Dear #######,

This is the original part as shown.

thanks, Frank

-u-techcenter

Last edited:
ive sold numerous oregon aftermarket lawn equipment parts on ebay, i used language such as "aftermarket" "will fit" oem specs" etc and always pointed out it was oregon NOT oem. you have a case sounds like to me.

Well, it looks like they are going to do right by me. I got a reply from Frank at u-techcenter. He apologized that I received aftermarket filters, said it was a mistake and that they were shipping me OEM filters immediately. They didn't even ask for the el cheapo's chinafilters back. Frank is really sounding sincere. I'm not sure whoever wrote up that auction description was though.

Good to hear they are going to resolve it. They have a high number of feedback and good rating, I would think they would want to continue getting good feedback/ratings.

^^X2.

The last time I had to return something the seller emailed me a shipping label. It's so easy to do these days there is no reason to pay for return shipping when the seller was in the wrong.

We sure are a cynical bunch of folks these days!

Originally Posted By: k1rod
Well, it looks like they are going to do right by me. I got a reply from Frank at u-techcenter. He apologized that I received aftermarket filters, said it was a mistake and that they were shipping me OEM filters immediately. They didn't even ask for the el cheapo's chinafilters back. Frank is really sounding sincere. I'm not sure whoever wrote up that auction description was though.

Sounds like good instant response to rectify the problem. Maybe it was an honest mistake on the seller's side, or else he realized he got busted. Will be interesting if his ebay ad changes in the next day or two.

Originally Posted By: k1rod
Well, it looks like they are going to do right by me.

Yea, who knows exactly what happened.
Quite a few years ago, I purchased a somewhat rare baseball card from a company and they shipped it through the mail. I opened up the mailed package....and it was empty. I immediately phoned the company and the owner only believed me because I was the third one to call that day with the same problem. It turns out the kid that delivered the packages to the mailing center was opening them up, taking out the cards and then wrapping them back up before he went to have them mailed. The owner would have never believed me if the kid had only done one package.
So sometimes things happen and it's not the fault of the owner.

Contact the seller. I have done business with this seller and received exactly what I ordered. May just be an honest mistake.

I've had eBay'ers ship me stuff from "outside centers" before and got vastly incorrect items from the original bid as a result of poor interpretations.

Thats likely what happened here. He told someone to ship you filters, they found equivalents, and off they went, without realizing the filters needed to be the specific OEM ones.

So, relax. Buying online is fine, its just be careful and make sure you cover your tracks if something does go wrong, its generally really hard to get scammed if you buy smart and be wise, as most problems you'll get then the seller will be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back