NASAs latest finds on Mars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creaters of fake news rely on gullible people to eat it up. What's even more baffling is why they still believe in misinformstions after tons of factual data is given to debunk the misconceptions. Guess it's some inherent human quality to only believe what they want to believe.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Creaters of fake news rely on gullible people to eat it up. What's even more baffling is why they still believe in misinformstions after tons of factual data is given to debunk the misconceptions. Guess it's some inherent human quality to only believe what they want to believe.

There's lots of reason why people believe in conspiracy theories. Here's 3 good reasons:

The desire for understanding and certainty
The desire for control and security
The desire to maintain a positive self-image

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...piracy-theories

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: cjcride
The Sun the Moon, all the visible Planets and Stars are clearly spherical when observed by naked eye and telescopes.... and you think the Earth is flat

I'm pretty sure he's just a troll. Hard to believe that people can use a computer/phone and still really think the earth is flat.

Him and Merk pulled down the last year's 9/11 thread by throwing the thread in conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
I've never met a conspiracy that I didn't like, and some of them actually have facts behind them (e.g. Northwoods)...plus NASA HAVE faked some footage for whatever reason.

But the current flat earth glass dome stuff is absolutely beyond ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: cjcride
The Sun the Moon, all the visible Planets and Stars are clearly spherical when observed by naked eye and telescopes.... and you think the Earth is flat

I'm pretty sure he's just a troll. Hard to believe that people can use a computer/phone and still really think the earth is flat.

I think is just and exercise of debate, or a need for attention.

Originally Posted By: yeti
....someone mentioned the moon landing. a reflector was placed on the moon, and can actually measure, precisely, the distance to the moon, using lasers. the reflector was not placed there by something in the heavens.

Not only that, but Apollo 12 astronauts landed only 600 feet from Surveyor 3, that soft landed on the Moon in April 1967, and brought back parts from it. Did they "fake" both?

https://www.nasa.gov/content/astronauts-pay-a-visit-to-surveyor-3

"The Apollo 12 Lunar Module, visible in the background at right, landed about 600 feet from Surveyor 3 in the Ocean of Storms. The television camera and several other pieces were taken from Surveyor 3, and brought back to Earth for scientific examination."

When asked about faking the lunar landings, I always liked what Charlie Duke had to say. "We've been to the Moon 9 times. Why did we fake it 9 times.... If we faked it?"

Anyone who wishes to dispute the landings should talk to Buzz Aldrin. He's pretty accessible. If you don't get an answer you like the first time, keep pressing. I dare you.

Originally Posted By: AndyinAL
Why people believe this nonsense is beyond me. People are never going to wake up... the masses are getting dumber and NASA's CGI/augmented reality is getting better. Oh well.

Landing and controlling a radio controlled car 140 million miles away... ok. Whatever. This is after guiding a rocket through tens of millions of miles of deep vacuum / infinite space. I am not buying it. Time to wake up.

As someone who works directly on various space programs, you better believe it's all real. You would be blown away at the level of engineering depth and design/testing work that goes into this stuff. It's at a whole different level... You should see some of the test facilities used for this type of stuff, it's incredible. I wouldn't be employed if it was all "made up" by the government. Not that what I say will change your mind
wink.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Anyone who wishes to dispute the landings should talk to Buzz Aldrin. He's pretty accessible. If you don't get an answer you like the first time, keep pressing. I dare you.

LOL, seen those videos.

Originally Posted By: cashmoney
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: AndyinAL
Why people believe this nonsense is beyond me. People are never going to wake up... the masses are getting dumber and NASA's CGI/augmented reality is getting better. Oh well.

Landing and controlling a radio controlled car 140 million miles away... ok. Whatever. This is after guiding a rocket through tens of millions of miles of deep vacuum / infinite space. I am not buying it. Time to wake up.

Hard to believe this country can produce people this dense.

There are hundreds of thousands of these types in the US. The "deniers" existence is a testament to our terrible education system that unfortunately supplies too many people with just enough fragmented, incomplete knowledge to give them some very silly opinions and beliefs about the world (especially in combination with alcohol or drug use).

This kind of thinking is rooted in what have come to be societal norms.
That some crackpot idea should be given the same forum as demonstrated beyond any doubt fact is now widely accepted.
Thus, we have things like the flat-earthers (does anyone really believe this?). Maybe the USSR and the US jointly faked their early orbital flights? Maybe Magellan was a charlatan who faked a journey from Europe into the Pacific centuries earlier?
We also have things like the mandated teaching of "creation science" in some of the more backward states as well as nonsense like that Euro favorite, "the precautionary principle."
We live in societies in which many seem not to have achieved any knowledge of the wonders of the world on which we live as well as the massive structure of which our system is bit a tiny part.
Will fake microbial life be found on that fake journey to Mars?
My bet is that it will be, although there is a Jovian moon that is a far more likely venue for life.
Another fake mission to Europa would likely prove fruitful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back