Napa ProSelect 21394 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are wanting a little bigger filter, the Fram PH4386 is a little longer and almost identical gasket size, or the PH3600 that is 2" longer and has a regular dome end bypass in the ST lineup (but has a slightly larger gasket, not sure how big the filter mount plate is on the generator).

Originally Posted By: blupupher
If you are wanting a little bigger filter, the Fram PH4386 is a little longer and almost identical gasket size, or the PH3600 that is 2" longer and has a regular dome end bypass in the ST lineup (but has a slightly larger gasket, not sure how big the filter mount plate is on the generator).

The mounting plate would accommodate a 3600 filter, but there is no room for it. Length is no problem but there is a bracket that won't allow a thicker filter. I believe the 4386 would fit, just looking at it it seems that it is the same diameter as 4967 but a bit longer. I have another Napa ProSelect 21394 in my stash and after that I will try a 4386.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Originally Posted By: FlyingVan

Sorry, I don't know how 10 got in there. It is Traveller SAE 30, API SN. I usually run Super Tech HD 30 in my generator and my lawnmowers but WalMart was out of it, so I went to Tractor Supply and got this. Last OCI I ended up with QSUD in the generator because it was on sale at Autozone for less than I could buy SAE 30 conventional oil. Should have bought more.

Gotcha'.
I agree though, for the use this seems to get, QSGB would be a good option, but the ST 30wt is fine as well.
Seems you have a good, inexpensive maintenance routine set. So long as you keep the fuel fresh and change the plug(s) and air filter you should have a good life from this generator.
The thing is, there really is a Travelers SAE 10 wt oil at Tractor Supply.

Didn't even know something like this even existed. Wonder what it is used for. On the jug it says 'Motor Oil' but then it says in the fine print that is not suitable for automotive engines.

Originally Posted By: FlyingVan

Didn't even know something like this even existed. Wonder what it is used for. On the jug it says 'Motor Oil' but then it says in the fine print that is not suitable for automotive engines.

You can use it in air compressors and vacuum pumps that operate in very cold climates. (that specify it)

It's non-detergent oil and will have NO ADDITIVES AT ALL....

"not suitable for automotive engines" should actually say "not suitable for ANY INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back