NAPA GOLD #7502 CUT OPEN

Lately, I’ve saw tons of wix, Napa pro select and others that are now purolator made.

The XP/Platinum is still safe :D

So the best filters to use now are WIx XP/Napa Platinum, Fram orange and TG

Are you referring to the check valve?
Yes

0f9db15a-014d-4dc3-98e4-a839b02be038-jpeg.69979

Looks good to me, like it got the job done. Louvers look good. Based on date code format and what I can see of baseplate still made by Wix, but the element (internals) design has been M&H'd. Still made in the US. At this point, the distinction is whether it's made in Fayetteville (Puro) or Gastonia NC (Wix). While not entirely ruling out the former, I'm going with latter based on the baseplate and can. But either way, bottom line this anecdote, first sentence. My .02

As for the previously notes WixXP/(Napa Plat.), it's already been discovered and covered elsewhere that they too are using flat/leaf compression spring, and they always used dome bypass. So M&H'd too.

Thanks for c&p.

Last edited:
Looks good to me, like it got the job done. Louvers look good. Based on date code format and what I can see of baseplate still made by Wix, but the element (internals) design has been M&H'd. Still made in the US. At this point, the distinction is whether it's made in Fayetteville (Puro) or Gastonia NC (Wix). While not entirely ruling out the former, I'm going with latter based on the baseplate and can. But either way, bottom line this anecdote, first sentence. My .02

As for the previously notes WixXP/(Napa Gold), it's already been discovered and covered elsewhere that they too are using flat compression spring, and they always used dome bypass.

Thanks for c&p.
I think this is Puro made. Wix date code is different. Oh well

I will probably use the Napa Gold that I have in my garage, and I will probably give a TG a shot.. I have to order an air filter anyway. If I order a Motorcraft air filter and a TG oil filter from Amazon they may put it in the box so nothing gets damaged.. This time. LOL.

I think this is Puro made. Wix date code is different. Oh well
The topic filter doesn't use a standard Purolator date code starting with F either. As I've purchase NG 1348 not too long ago Wix date font has made some changes. Lacking proof to the contrary, without completely ruling out the alternative, stay with my speculation. Vast majority Wix labeled/Napa Gold spin on still made in the US.

The topic filter doesn't use a standard Purolator date code starting with F either. As I've purchase NG 1348 not too long ago Wix date font has made some changes. Lacking proof to the contrary, without completely ruling out the alternative, stay with my speculation. Vast majority Wix labeled/Napa Gold spin on still made in the US.

Hey sayjac I hope that you are doing good.

Are you going to continue to run the newer Napa gold filters ?

Hey sayjac I hope that you are doing good.

Are you going to continue to run the newer Napa gold filters ?
I'm hanging in there bbhero, living in some crazy times.

Yeah, unless I see some evidence of persistent issues I'll still use them. Having dome bypass and flat/stamped compression spring doesn't bother me. Many filters use them and they work fine. And Napa Gold/(Wix) switched to louvers before the change of bypass and spring. Cut a few open, and like topic they were fine. Hopefully local Napa will continue their semi annual sale, NG ~$4. Not lying saying that's a main reason I use l them.

Hope you are doing well too.

Last edited:
I'm hanging in there bbhero, living in some crazy times.

Yeah, unless I see some evidence of persistent issues I'll still use them. Having dome bypass and flat/stamped compression spring doesn't bother me. Many filters use them and they work fine. And Napa Gold/(Wix) switched to louvers before the change of bypass and spring. Cut a few open, and like topic they were fine. Hopefully local Napa will continue their semi annual sale, NG ~$4. Not lying saying that's a main reason I use l them.

Hope you are doing well too.

Yeah we never have any Napa deals in my area like in your area.

This filters media does look quite good I have to say.

I am finally getting over the virus... That one. Had 11 days of high temp 99.5 to 102.2. Took medication the whole time which did help. Last few days I finally have started to feel a good bit more like normal. Lots of fun. I can see why people get into trouble with it. The duration could be very problematic for many people. Taking medicine and drinking water are key.

^^^ He mentions that he thinks that filter would be better with a wire/mesh backing, but that media isn't full synthetic so it doesn't need a backing.

I've been running Motorcraft, but Walmart stopped carrying them, so I started picking up Napa gold. I was ordering Motorcraft from Amazon. But they couldn't get them to me without damaging them.. LMAO.. I know the Motorcraft, has the silicone ADBV which I prefer, some of the ones you mentioned don't have that. 53 Stude also recommended Fram TG

Back