NAKED & AFRAID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
I signed up to do an episode wit Sophia Vergara , but they havn`t called me back yet .

Man, I'm sorry, they called me for that one.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Probably take more than 5K in Dr. bills to get ride of the festering sores I've seen and that doesn't include the scars but, maybe those are victory marks. :)) I've watched about 6 episodes and the interest for me has left. Ed

Not only that, but the time off from a real job. They aren't really going to be able to do anything else during those 21 days. Not a good payout at all. I guess it's just an opportunity to get on TV, which is probably all some people want.

I've watched maybe two or three episodes before, and it wasn't the worst thing I have seen on TV, but I just can't get into the "reality" genre except for some of the house/car re-do shows. I miss the days when TLC/Discovery showed more stuff like Modern Marvels and not 38 Kids and Counting Duggar Cult stuff.

It's actually only reality show I like. They look really beat up by 21 days. I think it's the most realistic just by the number of posers that drop out on day 5. Pretty good show. Good thing there are lots of other channels for different folks.

Originally Posted By: CT8
TV is offensive.

Is that what this thread is about ? The thread title certainly gives no clues.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: CT8
TV is offensive.

You have one of the best censor mechanisms ever thought of -the "OFF SWITCH".

Well, TV has gone down the toilet. The supposed educational channels have become the conspiracy theory and pseudoscience channels, and worse, turning pseudoscience and conspiracy theories from pseudo-documentaries into reality TV. Yick.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Well, TV has gone down the toilet. The supposed educational channels have become the conspiracy theory and pseudoscience channels, and worse, turning pseudoscience and conspiracy theories from pseudo-documentaries into reality TV. Yick.

Read an article in New Scientist ages ago (actually on how IQ had peaked, but rather than flattening had dropped)...one of the scientists blamed reality TV.

But they explored that issue more, and as they quite rightly pointed out, historically TV had scriptwriters, paid actors, and was quite an expensive operation.

Reality T.V. allows a promise of something, and then just plays it as it happens, yeah, they throw a few dirty tricks into big brother or something, but it's just "there"...

An the mindless masses love it...I walk away from any conversation that includes it, it's the same as town gossip...everyone loves, and loves to talk about someone elses trainwreck, as it makes theirs seem more acceptable.

We got this year a "food channel", has a heap of the US but others as well, cooking, DDD, Iron Chef, all that sort of stuff...that's all that's on these days, and the family is happier for it.Mistery Diners for whatever reason they consider "food", but that's about the worst of it.

The other part was that psychologists are having a field day so to speak. They could never structure experiments like them, as they would be deemed unethical.

Promise someone $250k to have their bathroom and bedroom videod 24/7, and it's all AOK...and the psychs are learning a heap.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Probably take more than 5K in Dr. bills to get ride of the festering sores I've seen and that doesn't include the scars but, maybe those are victory marks. :)) I've watched about 6 episodes and the interest for me has left. Ed

This is the first thing I thought about back when they were running commercials on the show is I wonder if they get their medical paid for.

I didn't have to watch any episodes to lose interest.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Read an article in New Scientist ages ago (actually on how IQ had peaked, but rather than flattening had dropped)...one of the scientists blamed reality TV.

While I'm known as a skeptic, I still like UFO, cryptozoology, ghost, and conspiracy theory stories. They're interesting. That's provided they're weaved into a nice narrative.

I have a problem with how it's done lately, especially when interspersed with "reality TV." Don't send a half dozen rejects from Duck Dynasty into the woods with rifles and the fruits of a Radio Shack shopping spree and tell me they're going to bring out a Bigfoot trophy. They'll be lucky enough to not shoot each other, or themselves in the foot when they panic when faced with a raccoon.

And, I don't need Georgio telling me his yarns about how anything he doesn't understand (which is a pretty big list) is obviously due to aliens. I suppose it is getting harder to compete for viewers with their being so many channels, and now streaming as a viable threat, not to mention other devices. They have to cut the costs somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Did anyone catch naked dating when it was on? Two people do naked blind dates!
I signed up for that one too along with Sophia Vergara , I think she has a thing for me .

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Did anyone catch naked dating when it was on? Two people do naked blind dates!
I signed up for that one too along with Sophia Vergara , I think she has a thing for me .

I think you can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back