My town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
For over a century Leamington was known as "The Tomato Capital of Canada".
H.J. Heinz moved out a little while ago but a new kid is in town and we are changing our name .....
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/wecann-2018-leamington-cannabis-conference-aphria-1.4894645
cool.gif

Changes will be required for your tourism center!
[Linked Image]

Michigan voters approved to legalize recreational cannabis yesterday. I'm getting our greenhouses prepped immediately.

When I was a little kid in Vancouver, we learned that South Western Ontario was once home to tobacco farms, this is just the pendulum swinging back...sort of?

Where is Heinz getting their tommytoes? I would think people consume more ketchup than pot. I used to travel to Mississauga over the Peace Bridge and saw all the empty green houses on my way. Keep Leamington green! :grin2;

PS whats the deal with the pirate ship???

Last edited:
Originally Posted by andyd
Where is Heinz getting their tommytoes? I would think people consume more ketchup than pot. I used to travel to Mississauga over the Peace Bridge and saw all the empty green houses on my way. Keep Leamington green! :grin2;

PS whats the deal with the pirate ship???

Well, sorry to tell you Andy, but you weren't driving near Leamington. St. Catherines, Niagara-on-the-lake, Grimsby, Stoney Creek, were along your travels.. but Leamington is quite a bit away from that route.

The 'pirate' ship is all about marketing for the restaurant next door. Sort of like 'click-bait' for the highway if you have kids in the back of the car...

Last edited:
My 2 cents:
Just because they legalize 'recreational' marijuana, doesn't mean you have to use it.

Nancy Reagan said it best, "just say NO"
I would add to that, "buy a pizza and go home"

Last edited:
Originally Posted by doitmyself
Changes will be required for your tourism center!
[Linked Image]

Michigan voters approved to legalize recreational cannabis yesterday. I'm getting our greenhouses prepped immediately.

I live just down the street from "The Big Tomato" - I could throw a baseball and hit it.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
When I was a little kid in Vancouver, we learned that South Western Ontario was once home to tobacco farms, this is just the pendulum swinging back...sort of?

My back-door neighbor, when I was a kid (I'll be 75 soon), was H.T. Gregory who's father (W.T. Gregory) brought tobacco to this area over 100 yrs ago from North Carolina.
Right behind "The Big Tomato" was Mr. Gregory's office. His son, Herb, was my age and owned the first Ferrari I ever saw in 1965.
Herb's sister Anne went on to make a name for herself. https://www.geni.com/people/Anne-Gregory/6000000041019889581
Herb today lives back on the family farm in N.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back