My roadside food pictures.

Out and about all day, we had a hankering. Raspberry mousse cake for me and mocha cake for the lady.

The car was right outside the restaurant so this was sort of roadside food. Indian dinner. Tikka, Punjabi fried rice and lamb kebob. Got free rice pudding. The place has horrible red lighting.

My limit for deep-fried food is once a month or less. I'm not talking about an occasional couple of egg rolls on the side but about a breaded and deep-fried main dish. Having just had something like fried chicken or fish and chips it takes weeks before I have an appetite for more deep-fried food again.

Last edited:
My limit for deep-fried food is once a month or less. I'm not talking about an occasional couple of egg rolls on the side but about a breaded and deep-fried main dish. Having just had something like fried chicken or fish and chips it takes weeks before I have an appetite for more deep-fried food again.
What are your blood test results? Fried is OK but I see a lot of starches in these pics.

What are your blood test results? Fried is OK but I see a lot of starches in these pics.
That's because the roadside food pictures are taken on my two days off when I'm more lax with my nutrition. The 'What are you eating right now?' thread is much more representative of what I eat most of the time. On my days off I get confused and think I'm AM.

My A1c is always around 4.1.

Carbs for maximum gains and water retention.! AMPK stimulation. Shortening the fuse.

At the start of my road trip I had an In-N-Out Double Double.

Had a wild mushroom pizza at Brasswood Bar and Bakery in Saint Helena, Napa County.

Shared the pizza and the dessert with my wife. Posh chocolate mousse with whipped cream in an edible chocolate cup.

Last edited:
As you know I eat deep-fried food no more often than once a month at the most. So I certainly did not eat the mac and cheese croquettes that with parmesan sauce were the appetizer that I omitted from my earlier post today. I bet they were tasty. :sneaky:

I was a bad boy. And my wife was a bad girl. We had a little something at the Creekside bakery in Novato today. I had a croissant because I'm reasonable. That's why I also ate only half of her bûche de noël. Washed it down with black coffee. Mostly old folks go there so that's either proof that eating crap extends your life or that eating crap ages you beyond your years. All those people may have been just 30 on average. You be the judge.

The last picture is gift of insulin cookies from Creekside Bakery for @AutoMechanic and @GON to share.

Back