my K&N...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
The only problem with that filter is that it isn't in the trash.

This is certainly the best answer of the week... Possibly the month...
lol.gif

Originally Posted by tony1679
...belongs in the trash

OEM FTW

I agree!!!

I like certain AEM products, but I have no love for K&N air filters.

RooflessVW is one of the very, very smart members here that I learn a lot from. Him, clinebarger, Trav, The Critic, doublewasp, wrcsixeight, overkill, Shannow, strude53, edyvw, and many more really have so much knowledge, real world experience and great deeper level thinking skills... if I were to get a super duper nice car... These guys plus a good number of others I would like their knowledge and experience to help me to know what to do or not do in terms of taking care of a super duper car.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I just try to work some logic and reason in amongst the sound bites.

I'm frequently drowned out...

I hear ya.
The truth about K&N is in between "Rock Catchers" and "FanBoys". But it's difficult to get that out when mob mentality rules.

Most dirt that gets past the air filter will end up in the oil filter. That is likely true. The problem is that it will pay a visit to the valves, valve seats, and the cylinder walls along the way.

In the long term, one might be left wondering why their engine has lower compression than another engine of the same mileage. This is most apparent in small engines that suffer dramatic effect of poor air filtration, usually needing an early valve job.

K&N is not a bad filter. It's a good filter marketed for incorrect applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back