My Home Depot Has No Gas Powered Lawn Equipment

When will that be?
The poster pontificated tha gas lawn equipment would be useful when an EMP went off over the US. Ya know, cause when an EMP goes off over the US he's going to want to keep his lawn looking trim. <Sarcasm>

Btw ..the jury is out as to whether a typical generator can function after an EMP but this just crazy talk.

Last edited:
I'm a bit curious on what California's various counties and cities have planned for all their parks and street mowing. Perhaps constant gas generators on the utility vehicles to charge the large array of batteries needed? Hmm.

I'm a bit curious on what California's various counties and cities have planned for all their parks and street mowing. Perhaps constant gas generators on the utility vehicles to charge the large array of batteries needed? Hmm.
LOL they'll wing it............ I leave it at that. ;)

great-states-reel-lawn-mowers-304-14-21-64_600.jpg

Sounds like a good job for a college kid. Fill up a pickup with boxed lawn mowers in Vegas. Bring them to LA. Assemble them and fire them up. Presto, used lawnmower. Sell it on the corner of a Home Depot parking lot. Nothing illegal going on.

I did some amateur googling and found a few very abbreviated powerpoints done by San Francisco. There is very little actual data and they defined the break even point at 20 months or longer between the gas equivalent with the assumption that 1 weed wacker was bought with two batteries.

I guess I really have a hard time thinking that 1 guy is going to get a city park or median work finished with two batteries in a single day and will probably need 4-6 HD output batteries.

Gasoline-powered leaf blowers are a special case, and banning them doesn't bother me too much. They make a huge, annoying racket for what they do. People use them to blow leaves around to look busy when what usually needs to be done is to pick up the leaves and get rid of them. Alternatively, the leaves can be mulched in a yard using a mower.
I'm like you,from the old school.My neighbor uses one,listening to music.It takes him hours,what a rake and small tarp could do.Then mulch them, I don't get it.I give him the scowl,but he just doesn't get it.L.O.L

Sounds like a good job for a college kid. Fill up a pickup with boxed lawn mowers in Vegas. Bring them to LA. Assemble them and fire them up. Presto, used lawnmower. Sell it on the corner of a Home Depot parking lot. Nothing illegal going on.
Vegas is where I had an electric. It was a small lawn and made sense. My current lawn would have taken 3 charges out of that one and it wasn't hot swappable.

Back