My comments on Subway Salads...

I like my lettuce green and my spinach with the stems cut off. Other than that, their salads are not bad for 10 dollars in a little cup.

Why is their lettuce almost white?(I know they bleach it) and I don't like stems in my salad.

Ten years ago I was paying 7-8 bucks for a "chopped" salad. The bowls have slowly gotten smaller and smaller. I walked out with a 13.50 meal (+tip!)

So salads are basically 1/3rd the size, and twice the price. Everything else has maintained the size, or has gotten bigger (with upcharges!)

I like my lettuce green and my spinach with the stems cut off. Other than that, their salads are not bad for 10 dollars in a little cup.

Why is their lettuce almost white?(I know they bleach it) and I don't like stems in my salad.

Ten years ago I was paying 7-8 bucks for a "chopped" salad. The bowls have slowly gotten smaller and smaller. I walked out with a 13.50 meal (+tip!)

So salads are basically 1/3rd the size, and twice the price. Everything else has maintained the size, or has gotten bigger (with upcharges!)
I don't tip at Subway. It's their job to make me a sandwich. There wasn't tipping before the little computerized touch screen. I didn't do it "back in the day". I don't tip for someone putting a cookie in a box.

I eat in a sit down restaurant I tip VERY WELL.

They're just trying to do you a favor. Americans are too fat anyways, they're just trying to cut down on the calories in the salad even more.

Yuck, my friend got that once and it didn't look good at all. Better off getting something prepackaged from the grocery store.

I used to frequent ours because it's just across the street from work. Went in there last week and a footlong, chips and large drink was $18 plus the card reader asks for a tip when you pay. No thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: GON
When I order a fast food salad I get a Taco salad from Wendy's. Wendy's Canada has some good salads.

Back