Quick facts:
2012 Regal GS
6-speed
112k miles
Stored inside under a cover in winters
Factory wheels just blasted and powder coated
Fresh Castrol synthetic oil change and plugs
New rear pads and rotors

I'm driving her home this evening. More to come!

Nice ride. My neighbor use to have one just like that, same color too. He traded it off before I could make him an offer.

1000001523.jpg

1000001524.jpg
1000001525.jpg
1000001526.jpg

Shameless showoff post! I'm absolutely loving this thing. I took some time today to get a comfortable driving position and set driver personalization. So far, I've found 2 issues: a burnt out tail light and an intermittent "low engine oil" message on the dash. I checked and verified the oil level, which was perfect, so I have to assume it's a sensor dying. Shouldn't be too big an issue to replace at the next oil change.

Last edited:
Time to list it in your signature. How did you find it?

Fixed!

Long story short: Craigslist. I had originally planned on test driving/purchasing a '13 from a local dealer, but it sold the day I showed up. The next morning, my lovely GF reminded me that CL was still a thing for those who don't use social media so I gave it a shot. Low and behold: my new car had been listed not 12 hours earlier. $1k more money, 75k less miles, and 1000% better condition. I couldn't have been more fortunate.

For those who are curious (I know we all are): I HAPPILY paid his asking price - $8,900.

I've always liked these but never drove one. How does it ride, still comfortable even with the HiPer struts, stiffer spring rates and low pro tires?

I've always liked these but never drove one. How does it ride, still comfortable even with the HiPer struts, stiffer spring rates and low pro tires?

Honestly, in normal mode it rides just a little firmer than my 2013 Volt did. In sport mode, it's noticably firmer yet still compliant.

In GS mode, however... The thing is a brick with wheels. It's not "uncomfortable", but even on new asphalt you can feel every dip and groove.

So far, I've been leaving it in normal mode and driving fairly conservatively. I just filled back up for the first time and averaged 28.6, which I'm quite happy with all things considered.

A few years ago was excited to see a used AWD regal gs at my local GMC Buick dealer.
I think it was a turbo 2 litre. Then I test sat it and it wasn't a comfortable fit for my frame. Surprising to me.

Supposed to be a good driver. Sort of a SAAB - Malibu

Back