Motul released gear power MTF and it's available now

Motul launched gear power line of full synthetic MTF, not sure if it replaces previous part synthetic MOTYLGEAR.

New offering:

MOTUL GEAR POWER LV 70W
MOTUL GEAR POWER FE 75W
MOTUL GEAR POWER 75W-80

I own a 2023 Subaru BRZ. My manual recommends 75W GL4 but I decided to up the viscosity and got 75W-80.

I am planning to send some for analysis.

20240208_123450.jpg

20240208_123529.jpg

Nice.
Choices are good.. unfortunately you own the own subaru MT that gear oil is applicable for

Interesting. Any provision in the manual for 75w-90? How long did you run the factory fluid?
The previous gen's manual had 75w-90 for few years and then for some model year (I think 2015) they decided that they want Toyota's recommended viscosity on other cars, 75W straight. 2nd gen did the same with pretty much the same transmission.

I have about 6,500 miles on factory fluid but that includes about 8 autocross and 5 track days. This year I am planning to do 10 track days.

The previous gen's manual had 75w-90 for few years and then for some model year (I think 2015) they decided that they want Toyota's recommended viscosity on other cars, 75W straight. 2nd gen did the same with pretty much the same transmission.

I have about 6,500 miles on factory fluid but that includes about 8 autocross and 5 track days. This year I am planning to do 10 track days.

I look forward to seeing your analysis of the factory fluid when it comes in. How did you find the shifting before you dumped it?

I let the factory fluid in my WRX run over 11000 kms, and it shifted rather poorly with 2nd and 3rd. What came out had a cSt of 8.49

Watching this one. I need to change out the fluid in my Tacoma's manual when it warms up and it specs something very close to this.

I look forward to seeing your analysis of the factory fluid when it comes in. How did you find the shifting before you dumped it?

I let the factory fluid in my WRX run over 11000 kms, and it shifted rather poorly with 2nd and 3rd. What came out had a cSt of 8.49
This is a totally different animal a regular RWD MT with no hypoid gears.
I think the new ones get Dex VI

I haven't got a chance to change fluids yet. I have track day on March 23rd, planning to do diff, transmission and engine oil changes a week before then. My factory fluid I think is LV (low viscosity) fluid, so 75w straight, with track days and other events last year I don't think report would be very good.

Watching this one. I need to change out the fluid in my Tacoma's manual when it warms up and it specs something very close to this.
If the spec is Toyota LV fluid then this has same factory specs.

Motul launched gear power line of full synthetic MTF, not sure if it replaces previous part synthetic MOTYLGEAR.

New offering:

MOTUL GEAR POWER LV 70W
MOTUL GEAR POWER FE 75W
MOTUL GEAR POWER 75W-80

I own a 2023 Subaru BRZ. My manual recommends 75W GL4 but I decided to up the viscosity and got 75W-80.

I am planning to send some for analysis.
Looking forward to it.

Back