Motul 300V Competition 5W40, 2K miles and 5 Track Days, Audi TTS

This UOA is for a 2017 Audi TTS with a stage 1 tune, used both street and track. The same oil was left in for consecutive UOA's:
1K miles and 2 track days, and an additional 1K miles and 3 more track days.
The onle notable change in the oil was the increasing TAN, which measured 3.7 on the VOA.

The increasing Silicon was traced to the air inlet hose not properly seated to the turbo inlet pipe. Easily remedied, one good reason for doing UOA's.
The oil has been changed, and it looks like a schedule of 5 track days or 3,000 miles is fairly conservative going forward.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 9.37.28 AM.jpg

Wear seems to be ok for your runs. Al just a spec higher than what I'd usually see in just a 2k run. Did you add the top-off oil towards the end of this interval? Happy to hear you found the silicon issue with the intake.

Wear seems to be ok for your runs. Al just a spec higher than what I'd usually see in just a 2k run. Did you add the top-off oil towards the end of this interval? Happy to hear you found the silicon issue with the intake.
The top-off oil was added after the last track day, so near the end of the interval.

The top-off oil was added after the last track day, so near the end of the interval.
Thanks for that info & I would agree with your 3k mile plan but that would be after making sure the silicon has come back down after another UOA.

What is 300V made of? It says Ester core, so I assume Ester, is the rest PAO, MPAO?

Thanks

Back