Motul 300V 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, before I get flamed, I researched and searched and came across different opinions on this oil. It seems like many people have many opinions. I am looking for a bottom line here because I want to use it in my daily driver with a 2.0T engine!!!!
I only have two questions:

1. Will using this oil create oil leaks from the seal swelling?

2. Is the oil 100% ester and no PAO? If so, why can't I use it in my vehicle?

I only have expereince with redline. I assume that Motul is very similar. With Redline we introduce a little at a time to prevent oil leaks on older cars. There is no problem with new cars. So, add half a quart of Redline to your next oil change, but don't fill to the top of the dipstick with the regular oil. Go a few hundred miles, then fill to the top Redline. Assuming you have a four quart capacity,put in two quarts of Redline for your next oil change. Then go 100% Redline on the NEXT oil change. We have found this always works, and has never leaked. Adding 100% Redline to a car that has been using dino for 100,000 miles can definitely risk a leak. My totally unproven theory is that dumping in 100% Redline on old cars dissolves some varnish and sludge that is caked onto the seals. The varnish can be removed before the seal has a chance to expand and soften. It is very apparent to me that Redline cleans out varnish and sludge pretty effectively. It is also clear that seals collect varnish and sludge as they age. Redline removes this varnish and makes the old seals soft and pliant again.

How do I add one qt at a time of this Motul 300V 5W-40 when I cannot mix it with other oils? I think I read somewhere that this one particular oil cannot be mixed with anything!! So bottom line, this is a great oil and I should leave it in for at least 5000 miles.

Yes it cannot be mixed because it is the biodegradable ester they are using, AFAIK. Leave it in for 5000 miles.

motul says you can mix this oil.

5W-40

New 300V series is racing lubricant for racing cars.

MOTUL has developed “Double Ester Technology” for new 300V series, superior to complex ester that recognized the best base oil for engine oil up to now. Double Ester Technology, made by carefully balancing the ratio of complex ester and the newly developed macromolecular high polymer ester, enable base oil more wide-ranged, and delivers high output performance and superior reliability.

Also by carefully selecting the right polymer, “0% shear loss*” can be achieved.

*Diesel Injector method (CEC L-14-A-93), a standardized testing procedure for a lubricant’s shearing force.

Mixing with another viscosities is not recommended.

All-round use, designed for handling stable oil pressure preservation and sharp response.
Compatible with a wide selection of engines — naturally aspirated, high torque turbo and cars that produce average to high levels of exhaust fumes.

SPECIFICATIONS

Product 300V POWER

Feature 100% Synthetic, Double Ester Technology, 0% Shear loss, can mix, for cars only.

SAE/DOT Standard 5W-40

Specification Exceeds all existing standards.

Maker's Approval —

Compatibility For engines that run circuit and street races

NEXT

[email protected]

So, bottom line.....
1. I can use this oil in my daily driver

2. I can mix it as long as it is with same visc?

3. Leave it in for at least 5k.

I have read a few reports and people seem to like this oil. Is this the "new" re-formulated stuff?

before you do i would call and ask tech. support..in their it says one place you can mix and another said no....i don't have that problem iam using chrono 300v 10w40 it says you can mix..i so would ask tech support at motul..motul oils and redline are world class!!! can't go wrong..this all is my opinion and what i have learned..use the 5w40 with the same vis...iam a daily driver and have been using redline motul mix for 2 years or so...my fords purrrrrrrr.

Other methods to switchover: use AutoRX, or, get 3-4 qts of RedLine and follow carock's procedure, then switch to Motul 300V.

For the old version Motul clearly said not to mix with other 300V grades. Motul aslo stated that 5W-40 was biodegradable oil. But for the new version there is no an indication on its biodegrability. Apparently the basestock in a new one is different.

You have basically a new engine, so there should be no issues at all if you want to run this stuff. I'm sure it'll be just fine.

TS

Call Motul tech support. They are very helpful, and know what they are talking about. It's a good product and they want to make sure you understand what you are getting. Call...

Well, the oil came today from UPS in three metal cans. I felt like a kid on x-mas!!!!! Anyhoo, As I was pouring it in, it smelled so good, like licorice. The car really loves it and is totally quiet. Wow, what a great oil this is. I think I have found my oil all year round!!!!!!!

So Brian tried a brand new oil
A splendid Gaulic brew
His engine really likes it
And it smells like licorice too!

We hope he finds it all he's dreamed...
An Elixer of sorts
'Cause we would never want to see
bp take it in the shorts

Thanks for poem!!!! I think we're all alittle nuts. My neighbor saw me smelling my oil and looked at me like I had two heads!!!!!!!! The cool part about this 300V is that I couldn't wash it completly off of my hands. I got alittle of it on my hands and after a good wash, I could still feel it and smell it on my hands!!!! This oil is awesome. Its been about two weeks and the car loves this oil. I hope that it wont hurt anything down the road!!!!!

p,s, My 06 VW GLI 2.0T is a beast and anyone looking to buy a four door, has to drive one! These things are awesome!!!!

I love the new 2.0T engine. Feels like a V6 with the economy of a I-4! Motul 300V should be most excellent for you. It's too pricey even for my high taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back