Motorcraft SynBlend prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Wal-Mart today to buy oil for the Vibe. I had a bit of a sticker shock. MC was $18.87 for the 5qt jug! 5-6 months ago it was $14. Even Mobil Super 5000 was $17! GTX, PYB and VWB were all $16-17. PP was $17.87 and PU was $20. WTH!? I went with the PU, because well, why not.

But seriously, why would you even consider conventional when PP is within a dollar or two. And why is conventional oil so darn expensive!?!

For those prices I would grab as much PP and PU as I can afford. Oil price seems to go up only, PU at my WM was $27.xx last week.

I saw the MC at my Wally had gone up to $18 but not the others.

Had seen the MC at ~$10 before so it was a surprise.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
One has to build a strategic reserve when the price is low to weather these fluctuations.

Yep.
I wonder what people are complaining about.
We have just gone through a season offering FAR deals on G-Oil, VR1, PU and QSUD.
After sales tax and postage, you're looking at around .60/qt.
How can oil get any cheaper than that?

Yup if you snooze you loose!
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
One has to build a strategic reserve when the price is low to weather these fluctuations.

Yep.
I wonder what people are complaining about.
We have just gone through a season offering FAR deals on G-Oil, VR1, PU and QSUD.
After sales tax and postage, you're looking at around .60/qt.
How can oil get any cheaper than that?

Noticed the same thing here in NJ. Quarts of 5W-20 Motorcraft are now $4.16 at WallyWorld, 3 weeks ago they were $2.75
crazy2.gif

Whimsey

It must be a WI/midwest thing. PP and PU have been $18.75 and $22 for the last year in my area and even in the Milwaukee stores. Just bought 2 jugs of PU and sent in for the $5 gift cards and $25 engine warranty. I got paid $8 per jug less a stamp to take the oil off of their hands!

I just priced MC synblend at a couple Wal-Marts this morning in Chicago suburbs -$4.16 single quart/ $18 for a five quart jug.
PP and PU were near $25 a gallon and the only "bargain" appeared to be PYB at $15 for a five quart jug, SN formula.

I hope Black Friday can deliver something better than this!

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
It must be a WI/midwest thing. PP and PU have been $18.75 and $22 for the last year in my area and even in the Milwaukee stores. Just bought 2 jugs of PU and sent in for the $5 gift cards and $25 engine warranty. I got paid $8 per jug less a stamp to take the oil off of their hands!

Ah, your in Appleton. Then you know that gas is 5 to 10 cents per gallon higher in the Fox Valley than in Madison. It seems like this part of WI always has higher fuel and oil prices. I knew prices were going up, just not that much! The PP, PU prices are great, just too bad only one of my vehicles uses 5w-20. I wish SOPUS would get serious about selling/marketing 0w-20 oils!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back