Motorad Thermostats

I put a 192 degree in my 1990 Mallard Sprinter 34' motor home with 460 Ford, always ran on the warm side installed
a 192 heavy duty went from 216 F to the warmest I have seen it now is 206 working up hill and also my heavy duty Dorman
fan clutch will pull lots of air through the radiator. I believe the thermostat was the cause. I measured the flow diameter on
the HD one and the motorad. motorad diameter is 1.003 the other thermostat I installed the flow diameter is 1.164". The .161
opening makes huge difference. This seems to be a problem with cheep aftermarket junk!

I put a 192 degree in my 1990 Mallard Sprinter 34' motor home with 460 Ford, always ran on the warm side installed
a 192 heavy duty went from 216 F to the warmest I have seen it now is 206 working up hill and also my heavy duty Dorman
fan clutch will pull lots of air through the radiator. I believe the thermostat was the cause. I measured the flow diameter on
the HD one and the motorad. motorad diameter is 1.003 the other thermostat I installed the flow diameter is 1.164". The .161
opening makes huge difference. This seems to be a problem with cheep aftermarket junk!
The next problem you will have is with the Dorman fan clutch...

motorad_001.jpg

Back