motor oil as a lawn fertilizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an ivy patch (or rather my Dad did) in the backyard that for many years got the old oil dumped in it if for no other reason than to hide it. A place I owned had another patch of ivy in the back (this was many years back, I'd not do this anymore)that I did the same thing with. Both patches thrived and bloomed up and expanded every year. The stuff hadda be fertilizing the ivy, right?

Ashalt will make grass grow like crazy we would scatter it in the median and grass would grow thicker there. Threw a pan of gas in the yard and lit it(were kids), two weeks later the grass grew greener there, actually outlined the area in a greener grass, weird, but I saw this myself, so there is something to it.

mechtech2, it is a guilty pleasure knowing where the untamed blackberries are in the locale, then raiding them at the right time rather than reporting them.

Throw a ladder in to the bushes, and clamber through the thorns. Hardest part is pretending not to notice the noises below where you are working. Consciously recognising that the noises are likely venomous snakes would send the cost/benefit calcs into negative NPV.

I've got a seedless blackberry in my yard, which IS legal. They don't run like their more prolific and tasty forebears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back