Motor hasn’t run in six 6 years

Chevy 350 hasn’t run in 6 years. We will squirt Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders. I have Mobil 1 15W-50 and 10W-30 ZDDP oil in several varieties. Before we hand turn the crank we will prime the oil pump until we see oil in the pushrods. Does it make any difference which one we use?

10w-30 is all you need. Drain first and see what comes out!
Gasoline mixed with oil is coming out. Any harm in using 15W-50? I’m not much of a thicky and I bought this out of curiosity. Also, the cheapest. Can buy at Walmart under $25 for 5 qt jug. Mobil 1’s high ZDDP oil.

I work on old cars often. from 1934 to '67 to '71 and my DD.
Pull the fuel line off the mechanical pump and drain out the gas if it had less then 3/4 a tank. At least get the water off the bottom until the stuff looks and smells good. If it smells stale, you will have to drain the whole tank. Stabil isn't going to do much for you after tha many years unless it was pure gas.

Was it filled E10 or E0 non-oxygenated?

Be careful working with loose fuel and fumes around. A disconnected coil wire or even a sparky starter can start a fire. I would pull the Batt + off the coil.

I would think a squirt of motor oil from an old-school oil can through the plug wells would be better than MMO, no? Thicker than MMO to produce ring seal and make the initial start-up quicker.

I would use the cheapest 10w-40 off the shelf from WM (SuperTech), run it at fast idle for an hour, drain, check condition of the oil, if it looks OK put in the oil of your choice. I would be more concerned about the fuel system.

Back