Motive power bleeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Carmudgeon
...another thing I've come across in both bleeders has been the fussiness of getting a good, proper seal on the cap. For whatever reason, the gaskets on these cheap bleeders are crudely cut, ill-fitting, and require care to make sure they don't leak….

I have had the Motive universal conical adapter leak twice. If it were made from slightly softer rubber, it would probably conform better to the reservoir opening. I have learned my lesson, and triple check the adapter fitment before adding fluid to the tank.

Used it twice now on family cars. Daughters older F150 and wife's newer Explorer. Both times it has worked great and saved a TON of time! Really works well with the Dot 4 LV in the Explorer but no issues with the Dot 3/4 in the F150, either. Even with the long brake lines.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I had one for a while (Motive bleeder).

Decided to sell it on CL to some 911 enthusiast after discovering gravity bleeding.

Never looked back

coffee2.gif

Well he probably had 9 bleed points and pretty calipers to worry about.

I have a Schwaben bleeder which has a swivel fitting on the bottle for the hose and a quick disconnect on the reservoir cap. Won't do it any other way. Takes longer to pull the wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back