Mortality stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by billt460
Originally Posted by RayCJ
WRONG: We have had this opiate problem for a long time. Why do you think the government banned narcotics in the early 1900's? Do your remember when Vicks Formula 44 contained Codeine? I sure do. They finally pulled it off the shelves in the early 70's.

Blah, blah, blah. All BULL. Here you go:
In the last 18 years alone since 1999, opioid deaths are up ALMOST 600%. It has all but doubled in the last 5 years alone. Regardless of how much B.S. interference you want to run, it's a new problem based on an entirely new form of modern day, responsibility lacking, abusing idiot, who wants to get high. The math doesn't lie. Nor do the bodies piling up in the morgue. Only the people who make all the excuses for them.
[Linked Image]

And the numbers on that chart might continue to rise until the saturation point of about 10% of the population is reached. No argument from me. A huge percent of the "modern" generation is obnoxious and dumber than a bucket of snot. Most have been told to steer clear of addictive drugs. A great many will "experiment" and among those, some of them will not stop there. No matter how you slice it, the non-addicted part of society pays the penalties of those who are addicted.

Me and you can sit around the campfire, hold hands, sing Kumbaya and preach about how bad drugs are and how the world should not take them but, guess what? Some of those people are still going to experiment and some of them will have a genetic pre-dispostion that makes it nearly impossible to stop. -And the reason they're dropping like flies now, is because of Fentanyl and Carfentanyl. Big Pharma invented Fentanyl and Carfentanyl that is over 5000 times more powerful and addictive than heroin. One piece of carfentanyl the size of a grain of sand will kill you.

China is getting their revenge now and are smuggling it across the borders. Mexico is mixing it in cocaine because it reduces their growing and harvesting expenses. Terrorists love the stuff because it's profitable and it's killing-off our population. -And people everywhere in the world are going to seek it out because it's an escape from reality and they crave it -even though it might kill them. -That is the fundamental definition of an addiction. We need to learn how to treat addiction. Yes, staying away from drugs all-together is ideal. History has shown, that does not work!

So, BULL, BULL and more BULL. You can preach all you want about how you should not do it but, that method will only lead to your very own chart reaching the saturation point. Stop the BS and work toward learning how to treat addiction either as a preventative or after-the-fact.

Yes, lets sue "Big Pharma" out of business. That's a GREAT idea. Then there will be no one to do the research to make drugs to cure actual diseases like AIDS, Cancer, Alzheimers, or any number of diseases which are at best just 'managed' today.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Yes, lets sue "Big Pharma" out of business. That's a GREAT idea. Then there will be no one to do the research to make drugs to cure actual diseases like AIDS, Cancer, Alzheimers, or any number of diseases which are at best just 'managed' today.

No, let's just sue big pharma until they stop doing things like intentionally pumping a product they know is highly addictive. Here's a picture of big pharma, the AMA and distributors. Actually, we need a 4th monkey to represent the DC politicians that were lobbied to not investigate what was going on back in the 90's.

Oh, and BTW, most of the new, innovative drugs are developed in college universities and research hospitals. Big Pharma scoops-up the medicines that are highly profitable and run with them. Then, when the patent is about to run out, they make a slight change to the formulation and stop selling the old version. -That's part of their guaranteed double-digit profit plan -to the demise of the average person who would be perfectly fine with a cheaper alternative. Don't worry, Big Pharma's got you covered. -Oh, do they have you covered...

Monkeys.jpg

Seems Bayer gets it from all sides … I just fume every time an ambulance chaser runs a radio add about Roundup.

Hey, wonder if all those mosquito products I have been using are good for me …?

Originally Posted by 4WD
Seems Bayer gets it from all sides … I just fume every time an ambulance chaser runs a radio add about Roundup.

I'm seeing ads already for people affected by Vaping. These lawyers are very hungry for a class action settlement.

Originally Posted by 4WD

Yeah, the stuff is called "weed killer", emphasis on the word "killer". The bottle it comes in has poison warnings complete with skull and cross-bones -even Mr. Yukko. Kinda makes you think it should not be ingested.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder about DEET. Man, the stuff is great at keeping ticks and mosquitoes away but, it melts plastic. I use it but try to keep it to a minimum. On base, I buy bottles of 100% DEET for 50c and mix it down with rubbing alcohol. I suppose it's not too bad. -Been around since the end of WWII.

The other one I wonder about is the artificial sweetner Zyletol. A couple of tic-tacks eaten by a dog puts it in renal shutdown that is irreversible about 50% of the time. The story behind it is interesting.... It was invented with the aim of being a pesticide. How did we decide it would/should be used in human food products? Gotta wonder!

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yeah, that's a business in need of regulation … and I seldom say that

I know some might not believe me but, I'm not at all into "regulation" except for 3 things (actually 4). There are 3 things that "we" (the people) need to keep an eye on. Food, Medicine and Energy. There is a 4th but discussing it would break the rules of this forum. I think you can guess. All I will say is that my ancestors (115 years ago) came here because of oppressive government rule in other lands.

What do you have when you got 2 green balls in the palm of your hand? Kermit's undivided attention!

As for Vaping... Someone is going to jail when they figure-out who put what kind of poison in the vape liquid.

Last edited:

That is the truth. Blame and sue. It's the new norm. When you have idiots who cannot control themselves, the first order of business is to get someone else to pay for it.

The other one I wonder about is the artificial sweetner Zyletol. A couple of tic-tacks eaten by a dog puts it in renal shutdown that is irreversible about 50% of the time.

Feed him a bag of Hershey Kisses and see what happens. You want to ban those too?

The other one I wonder about is the artificial sweetner Zyletol. A couple of tic-tacks eaten by a dog puts it in renal shutdown that is irreversible about 50% of the time.

Feed him a bag of Hershey Kisses and see what happens. You want to ban those too?

Even an idiot knows you're not supposed to feed chocolate to dogs. So, by what logic do you make the jump from Zyletol to chocolate in dogs? Is it just being plain crude, obtuse -or both?

We need to learn how to treat addiction.

You NEVER will. Just let the idiots kill themselves off. The bulk of them are going to do it anyway, because there is no way you're going to stop them. The numbers are proving it with each passing day. They are skyrocketing every year. It's easier, more cost effective, and no great loss to society in the first place. As I said, sooner or later we're going to run out of idiots. I fail to see how that is a bad thing. If you "cure" them, then all you have is a non addicted idiot. What are they going to accomplish? Either way they'll be a burden to society one way or another.

And someone else is going to have to foot the bill. I'm tired of hearing about it. And even more tired of having my tax dollars wasted on it. I have far more sympathy for abandoned dogs and animals, than I do for these fools. Put the money into finding them loving homes. They will at least appreciate it and love you back. And not run back to the street, the way an addict will run back to his high the first chance they get. Just as soon as they get bored with sobriety. Then the whole demented process starts all over again. Usually draining societies pocketbook all the way down the line. It's easier and cheaper to just let them off themselves with the crap.

Most of them will go their entire lives being nothing but a burden to their loved one's, and society in general. Slipping in and out of addiction. I've watched it all my life, and frankly I'm sick of it. People talk about "curing" drug addiction. Just like they talk about, "stopping man made climate change". They will accomplish fixing neither. There is never ANY forward progress. Only backward, usually accompanied with more useless talk. The entire process is like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer because it feels good when you stop. But the problem here is they never stop.

In this case it feels good when people endlessly babble on about "curing" it. Either way nothing ever gets accomplished. They just find a new name to tag it with every so often. Now it's, "Pain Management". What a crock. It's not a baseball team. You either live with it and hurt. Or you take something to reduce it. That's it. That's your choice. But on they babble. And it all keeps getting worse the more they do. And like it or not, my sympathy gauge has been pegged on empty for quite a while now.

Even an idiot knows you're not supposed to feed chocolate to dogs. So, by what logic do you make the jump from Zyletol to chocolate in dogs? Is it just being plain crude, obtuse -or both?

I was trying to show you that dogs and humans are not subjected to the same reactions by ingesting the same things. I'm sorry it went straight over your head. I'll try to spell it out better for you next time. My mistake.

I was trying to show you that dogs and humans are not subjected to the same reactions by ingesting the same things. I'm sorry it went straight over your head. I'll try to spell it out better for you next time. My mistake.

Next time, don't quote a portion of what I wrote and try reading the whole thing, including the question that was at the end. Someone might mistake you for something like this:

Troglodyte.jpg

Next time, don't quote a portion of what I wrote and try reading the whole thing, including the question that was at the end.

Why? It changes nothing.

We need to learn how to treat addiction.

You NEVER will. Just let the idiots kill themselves off. The bulk of them are going to do it anyway, because there is no way you're going to stop them. The numbers are proving it with each passing day. They are skyrocketing every year. It's easier, more cost effective, and no great loss to society in the first place. As I said, sooner or later we're going to run out of idiots. I fail to see how that is a bad thing. If you "cure" them, then all you have is a non addicted idiot. What are they going to accomplish? Either way they'll be a burden to society one way or another.

And someone else is going to have to foot the bill. I'm tired of hearing about it. And even more tired of having my tax dollars wasted on it. I have far more sympathy for abandoned dogs and animals, than I do for these fools. Put the money into finding them loving homes. They will at least appreciate it and love you back. And not run back to the street, the way an addict will run back to his high the first chance they get. Just as soon as they get bored with sobriety. Then the whole demented process starts all over again. Usually draining societies pocketbook all the way down the line. It's easier and cheaper to just let them off themselves with the crap.

Most of them will go their entire lives being nothing but a burden to their loved one's, and society in general. Slipping in and out of addiction. I've watched it all my life, and frankly I'm sick of it. People talk about "curing" drug addiction. Just like they talk about, "stopping man made climate change". They will accomplish fixing neither. There is never ANY forward progress. Only backward, usually accompanied with more useless talk. The entire process is like hitting yourself on the head with a hammer because it feels good when you stop. But the problem here is they never stop.

In this case it feels good when people endlessly babble on about "curing" it. Either way nothing ever gets accomplished. They just find a new name to tag it with every so often. Now it's, "Pain Management". What a crock. It's not a baseball team. You either live with it and hurt. Or you take something to reduce it. That's it. That's your choice. But on they babble. And it all keeps getting worse the more they do. And like it or not, my sympathy gauge has been pegged on empty for quite a while now.

OK, I get it.

Well, I think you've managed to insult an awful lot of the fellow members here on BITOG. Good move.

The following list of people here are known to have struggled with alcohol and/or opiates all their life. I'm sure if Fentanyl or Carfentanyl was around in their day, they might not have reached their level of acclaim.

Charles Dickens
Ernest Hemingway
Charles Darwin
Edgar Allen Poe
Howard Hughes
Tchaikovsky
Isaac Newton
Stephen King
Ulysses Grant
Vincent Van Gough
Abraham Lincoln
Winston Churchill
Leonardo da Vinci
Michelangelo
Nikola Tesla
Julius Caesar
Napoleon Bonaparte
Conan Doyle

Go ahead please and put me on your personal ban list. There's nothing you have to say that I'm interested in.

OK, I get it.

No you don't. Cherry picking a dozen or so people who "struggled with addiction" proves nothing. Not when you have over 40,000 a year offing themselves. And that number will be over 80,000 in another 5 years or less. 150,000 or more 5 years after that. Because there is nothing that will stop it. You'll have to pardon me all to he!! if I don't get all teary eyed about it. I can't.

This product has been regulated and controlled since it was first invented and produced. The difference is it used to do far more good than bad, because people would follow directions. Now they don't want to. They would rather abuse the drug and get high. So now, because of idiots who can't control themselves, that good is quickly being reversed. So people who use the drug properly, are now being denied it, solely because of the idiots who can't stop abusing it.

And the pharmaceutical companies are now being blamed for producing it in the first place. And are being forced to pay out millions of dollars that will accomplish nothing, except to raise the price of prescription drugs even higher than they are now. That's insane. And I'm sorry, but I cannot have ANY sympathy for all of these idiots who caused this whole stinking mess in the first place.

I recall the day I decided to not let my addiction run my life. 3/23/2004.

I didn't blame the companies that produced the product I was addicted to. It's a free country (sort of) and as an adult I had Free Will.

If people choose to abuse whatever to their own detriment, that's entirely on them.

If people choose to continue their addiction unto death, that's the cost of living in a still somewhat free society.

Me, I'll take my freedom, and all the potential consequences therein.

.....If people choose to abuse whatever to their own detriment, that's entirely on them. If people choose to continue their addiction unto death, that's the cost of living in a still somewhat free society.

That is a very good, and very truthful way of putting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back