More wal mart shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: car51
Was at Wal Mart this morning returning something for the lady friend of mine. Hear the two guys behind me blabbing that the ST oil is made by government and Pennzoil and Mobil 1 are made at same plant.

I laughed and asked how they knew this. One guy said he read it somewhere. Guess you cant fix stupid

Pretty harmless in the grand scheme of things. First world "problem", I guess. Sigh.

Amen
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: deven
Originally Posted By: CKN
There isn't a "bad oil". Some are better than others

In your opinion which oils are better than others?

You really think I'm going to go there..........?

Well you said it so I was asking.....

My "fear" regarding Walmart is that they have such sales volume they can get ExxonMobil to put whatever they designate into a Mobil1 jug.

Honestly, how do I know every jug of Mobil1 0W-40 European Formula contains the same product?

I too don't care to speak with dippy-doos (aka people) in Walmarts or other cheaper stores except to steer them away from plug-in air fresheners.
Heaven-only-knows what chemicals wafting into our lungs freaks me out.

I wouldn't wear that "White Trash" shirt because it's inflammatory and racist. I can get into my own trouble, thank you.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner
ST made by the government utilizing a plant where they also make M1 and Pennzoil is hilarious...but I'm usually too preoccupied making sure the jug cap seals haven't been broken or the right filter is in the right box...that hasn't been crushed.

My guess is that the jug seal and filter issues might be perpetrated by conspiricist types trying to match oil color and seeing if it feels the same between their fingers. You might be on to something....

Super tech is...is it’s people! Ahhhh! (old movie reference staring Charleton Heston), anyone?

Soylent Tech...a "Green" product.

Yes yes, he got it! Anyone else? Come on play w us...

Originally Posted By: Kira
My "fear" regarding Walmart is that they have such sales volume they can get ExxonMobil to put whatever they designate into a Mobil1 jug.

Honestly, how do I know every jug of Mobil1 0W-40 European Formula contains the same product?

I too don't care to speak with dippy-doos (aka people) in Walmarts or other cheaper stores except to steer them away from plug-in air fresheners.
Heaven-only-knows what chemicals wafting into our lungs freaks me out.

I wouldn't wear that "White Trash" shirt because it's inflammatory and racist. I can get into my own trouble, thank you.

It appears so.

ST made by the government utilizing a plant where they also make M1 and Pennzoil is hilarious...but I'm usually too preoccupied making sure the jug cap seals haven't been broken or the right filter is in the right box...that hasn't been crushed.

My guess is that the jug seal and filter issues might be perpetrated by conspiricist types trying to match oil color and seeing if it feels the same between their fingers. You might be on to something....

Super tech is...is it’s people! Ahhhh! (old movie reference staring Charleton Heston), anyone?

Soylent Tech...a "Green" product.

Yes yes, he got it! Anyone else? Come on play w us...

Yea, I got the reference. I wasn't sure how you were getting from Soylent Green to Super Tech, though.

There we go, repeating the "gossip" that the stuff Walmart sells is sub-par quality.

Originally Posted By: Bud
I go to Walmart and buy what I want and leave. I must be odd, as I don't care what anyone is saying or doing in the store. I sure as heck don't want to start a conversation with anyone.

I shake my head about these stories. It's done to "educate" people....yeah, that's it ! And then go home and post about it on the internet.

Originally Posted By: hallstevenson

There we go, repeating the "gossip" that the stuff Walmart sells is sub-par quality.

At least I know that Valvoline sold through Walmart is the same exact product as sold anywhere else. I contacted Valvoline to verify. I'd bet that's true for all the oil brands sold through Walmart.

Why is it about Mobil … IMO, there are things that should not be allowed to be returned … and motor oil is one of them …

Walmart is a microcosm of society. You'll see all kinds in there. The "white trash" as some call them are usually just working class people trying to stretch their money. These are normally the same people that will give you a jump if you leave your lights on while others pretend not to see you. Now there are some scary druggies around at times but these are not who most people are referring to when they say white trash.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
At least I know that Valvoline sold through Walmart is the same exact product as sold anywhere else. I contacted Valvoline to verify. I'd bet that's true for all the oil brands sold through Walmart.

Haha !! I can think of quite a few things here..... First off, I don't believe for a second that ANY manufacturer makes a special Walmart version but even if one did, they'd never admit it. Some random phone rep telling you that isn't factual.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
Walmart is a microcosm of society. You'll see all kinds in there. The "white trash" as some call them are usually just working class people trying to stretch their money. These are normally the same people that will give you a jump if you leave your lights on while others pretend not to see you.

We shop at Walmart on a weekly basis. Sometimes it's our full-blown grocery trip (we tend to alternate between WM, Kroger, etc) and other times one of us will stop there for random stuff. I can confidently say we're not "white trash". I'll remember who posted that post with the t-shirt too....

More importantly, that t-shirt is insulting a HUGE number of members here. Some have proclaimed that they're "too good" for Walmart but otherwise, it's probably the most popular place for buying motor oil, filters, etc (for BITOG members).

Haha !! I can think of quite a few things here..... First off, I don't believe for a second that ANY manufacturer makes a special Walmart version but even if one did, they'd never admit it. Some random phone rep telling you that isn't factual.

IMO, they have unmatched price leverage from volume … simple enough …

Originally Posted By: car51
Was at Wal Mart this morning returning something for the lady friend of mine. Hear the two guys behind me blabbing that the ST oil is made by government and Pennzoil and Mobil 1 are made at same plant.

I laughed and asked how they knew this. One guy said he read it somewhere. Guess you cant fix stupid

Almost forgot … June marks the start of hurricane season so while I’m grabbing bottles of water etc at a one town over Walmart … a stranger observed and gets to talking Hurricane Harvey … did not take him two minutes to start saying lots of people died because they raised the price of gasoline … told him maybe he should stock up some water and gasoline … then walked off …

Why would they lie about it? I could buy Valvoline at Walmart and some from a big chain auto parts store and have certified VOAs done to verify formulation. If I found they were different I could legally sue them and spread the word of the deception. I highly doubt any big oil company would want to put themselves into that situation in today's world of social media.

The Valvoline guy I was in IM with (so have a record of the conversation) said it's a common question they get. And that they do have a large contract with Walmart and that's how walmart can sell for a better price.

I could buy Valvoline at Walmart and some from a big chain auto parts store and have certified VOAs done to verify formulation.

Well additives are usually cheap so I doubt they would cheapen out on that but most likely they would cheapen their base oil make up. So doing a VOA would be useless if they didn't decrease the additive package.

Originally Posted By: deven
I could buy Valvoline at Walmart and some from a big chain auto parts store and have certified VOAs done to verify formulation.

Well additives are usually cheap so I doubt they would cheapen out on that but most likely they would cheapen their base oil make up. So doing a VOA would be useless if they didn't decrease the additive package.

From what I understand every formulation has to be tested and approved and that is not cheap. So the oil you buy in Walmart is the same oil you can buy everywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back