More Friction ? : Huge N.G. find in Middle East ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this means that we will be able to cut back on the amount of foreign aid that we send to Israel? Nevermind.

I can assure you Israel is the LEAST of our problems. If it's your only focus you need to learn more about our foreign aid programs.

It would be a great place to start reducing our spending, and I certainly wouldn't consider the Israelis to be exempt.

People from our country make a great deal of money helping these sandy nations to recover their resources. Maybe this will be a further boon to that industry?

Originally Posted By: odie
Could see sabotage like that in NIGERIA of the pipelines .

Pipelines a mile deep are difficult to sabotage. However, a few years ago there were at least two instances of cable breaks which affected international Internet connections. The causes were never adequately explained, to my satisfaction, and one was in the Med near the coast of Egypt.

If they were simply accidents, maybe caused by a seismic shift of the sea floor, then that's one thing. But if someone was testing the ability to shut down the Internet at will, then that's something else; and it would suggest a capability to do other things on the sea floor.

It would be very interesting if Israel could develop this and become Europe's main supplier of natural gas, putting a severe crimp in Russia's ability to strong arm western Europe.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red

Pipelines a mile deep are difficult to sabotage. However, a few years ago there were at least two instances of cable breaks which affected international Internet connections. The causes were never adequately explained, to my satisfaction, and one was in the Med near the coast of Egypt.

If they were simply accidents, maybe caused by a seismic shift of the sea floor, then that's one thing. But if someone was testing the ability to shut down the Internet at will, then that's something else; and it would suggest a capability to do other things on the sea floor.

Dragnet fishing. Imagine what other stuff is it destroying on the ocean floor.

Originally Posted By: Burt
Maybe this means that we will be able to cut back on the amount of foreign aid that we send to Israel? Nevermind.
Foreign aid serves 2 purposes 1. to drive the USA into debt. 2. To bribe try to bribe governments .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back