Moles in the yard!

Few years ago, I had of infestation of moles. Combined two of my hobbies, fishing and trapping.

Put small treble hooks on steel leaders and staked them in the yard. Stuff them down the runs.
Checked my traps and trot lines several times per day. Great fun and caught a few that way!

Big Moles or mouse sized Voles? They eat grubs, I was thinking that would be beneficial.

I have Asian jumping worms. I was throwing some big branches on the brush pile in the woods and they crawled in my shoe!
They move fast like little snakes, and they look like really big earthworms.

Weird stuff.

Big Moles or mouse sized Voles? They eat grubs, I was thinking that would be beneficial.

I have Asian jumping worms. I was throwing some big branches on the brush pile in the woods and they crawled in my shoe!
They move fast like little snakes, and they look like really big earthworms.

Weird stuff.
You have obviously never seen the damage that moles and gophers can do to a yard.

The ones I caught, were sure not happy when I pulled them out of the ground.
They don't like treble hooks at all. Tried to bite my pocket knife! LOL

Checked my traps and trot lines several times per day. Great fun and caught a few that way!
The ones I caught, were sure not happy when I pulled them out of the ground.
They don't like treble hooks at all. Tried to bite my pocket knife! LOL
You seem to get a perverse pleasure out of torturing small animals. Maybe get help.

i use these. Medieval but effective.
IMG_1817.jpeg

I have moles bad this year but not concerned. The cats sleep on top of the tunnels and then when a mole goes through they spring into action. Start digging holes about every foot as the mole advances.

I’ve been told that moles are in areas that have grubs. If you get rid of the grubs, the moles will leave.
They also eat earthworms and all kinds of other insects/larvae. Trying to maintain a lawn devoid of all mole food is not good either.

Back