Modem Help for Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Just to confirm, the last two, with the improved latency, are with the router in the mix and the poorer results are from without?

Yes.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Just to confirm, the last two, with the improved latency, are with the router in the mix and the poorer results are from without?

Yes.

OK, that's funky...

What kind of AV software are you running on your computers?

Macfee antivirus plus.

Regarding the latency on the other computer via that "quick" speed test (not the one QP posted). It seems very inconsistent. I just ran it twice, once I got 198 ms for the latency, the next time (like 30 seconds later) I got 29ms. Overall, performance seems close to normal right now.

Macfee antivirus plus.

Regarding the latency on the other computer via that "quick" speed test (not the one QP posted). It seems very inconsistent. I just ran it twice, once I got 198 ms for the latency, the next time (like 30 seconds later) I got 29ms. Overall, performance seems close to normal right now.

Can you try this speedtest:

http://fibrenoire.speedtestcustom.com/

It is the one my fibre vendor uses.

Macfee antivirus plus.

Can you try this speedtest:

http://fibrenoire.speedtestcustom.com/

It is the one my fibre vendor uses.

This is thru the original computer, through the router.

All - thanks for the help. Still seem to have a good connection (everything loading normally). I don't understand it, but glad I'm saving the modem fee
laugh.gif

All - thanks for the help. I don't understand it, but glad I'm saving the modem fee
laugh.gif

Take a networking course from the Cisco Academy or any vendor at your local community or junior college. All you need is the NEtworking Essentials or Class I. MAke sure the instructor has a lot of practical experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back