Mobil M1-210A C&P 8,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I sure am hearing lots of good stuff about Rural King. Wish they were up here.

I like the welding and candy departments at RK.
49.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I sure am hearing lots of good stuff about Rural King. Wish they were up here.

I like the welding and candy departments at RK.
49.gif

I like the PYB for 3.69 a qt. They stock 20w50 and 10w40 which my local walmart does not carry anymore.
They have Amsoil products as well , just no Pennzoil Platinum (head scratcher).
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Only difference, according to Exxon itself, in the Fram Ultra and M1 EP is that the M1 EP has a reinforced gasket because the past gold can would fail after so many miles. Whatever "reinforced gasket" means.

Still I use it because I use M1 (go american!, no dutch!)
These are made by one of the largest filter assembler in the US. Exxon doesn't have a clue, Just regurgitating Champion Labs ad copy.

You know the big M1 flavor is not a majority synthetic base oil.
But you can blame the Brits on that one, not the Dutch
smile.gif

I think they are talking about the base gasket, and it may be fibre reinforced rubber compound. Ive had flat gaskets soften and blow out and weep with the new oil formulations on lesser filters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Only difference, according to Exxon itself, in the Fram Ultra and M1 EP is that the M1 EP has a reinforced gasket because the past gold can would fail after so many miles. Whatever "reinforced gasket" means.

Still I use it because I use M1 (go american!, no dutch!)

You are so full of it it's not even funny. GO POST SO,EWHERE ELSE AND post facts!

jj51702 believe it or not, engine used about a 1/16 of a quart. Drained oil about 2 days after I got home. Oil was a medium/dark honey color. Real quite engine. I really like QSUD. My only regret, that I didn't do a uoa. It would have been the perfect time to do it. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back