Mobil HiMi 5w30 2011 Chevy Cruze 1 4L Turbo

So this is the oil after a new turbo was installed. Shows some sodium in it. Hope my head gasket isn't leaking. Oil I replaced it with is Amsoil Signature 5w30

Screenshot_20231123_184223_OneDrive.jpg

Looks solid, in grade, metals not high, TBN still there.
Bit of NA; but no potassium, so I suspect all is good?
If worried, I’d do a couple of short OCI under 5k to monitor and possibly flush out a bit of contamination.

Everything looks good & the sodium will probably come down after a few cycles.
Yeah I just wonder where it all came from. These engines are kinda known for coming issues. I did find it a mile with a busted gooseneck once. Have amounts of fuel is concerning to. It does use more fuel than it used to. Use to average 34 now only 28

The report looks good even with the sodium, wear metals are low, viscosity is in check, TBN is still okay. I'm thinking the sodium came from the new turbocharger, probably something used in the manufacturing of the turbo and will come down after an oil change or two.

Yeah I just wonder where it all came from. These engines are kinda known for coming issues. I did find it a mile with a busted gooseneck once. Have amounts of fuel is concerning to. It does use more fuel than it used to. Use to average 34 now only 28
Have you had the common coolant loss/leak problems? Regarding the mileage, is this not the eco version right?

The report looks good even with the sodium, wear metals are low, viscosity is in check, TBN is still okay. I'm thinking the sodium came from the new turbocharger, probably something used in the manufacturing of the turbo and will come down after an oil change or two.
I hope so.

Have you had the common coolant loss/leak problems? Regarding the mileage, is this not the eco version right?
I most certainly have. The goose neck broke one time and I drove it about a mile. However the guage never moved. I'm sure it was running hot. That was last year.

What oil did you use between the the two analyses? That may be the source of the sodium.

Another possible source for the sodium is contamination. For example:
-eating chips or other salty finger food, then getting a finger in the sample bottle.
-using an actual turkey baster to take oil sample. turkey baster was used to baste turkey and not washed well prior to sampling.
-sampling into container that has sodium contamination (eg, pickle jar), then pouring that into the sample bottle.

Another possible source for the sodium is contamination. For example:
-eating chips or other salty finger food, then getting a finger in the sample bottle.
-using an actual turkey baster to take oil sample. turkey baster was used to baste turkey and not washed well prior to sampling.
-sampling into container that has sodium contamination (eg, pickle jar), then pouring that into the sample bottle.
Lol, I got the sample straight from the oil drain. I do wonder if done coolant got in through the oil return line since they are close together.

Back