Mobil Drive Clean 5w-30 (GF4) 2998 miles 2004 Chevy Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Terry, Since your input has been accurate before, I'll take the info you just gave regarding analysys interpretation and technique as accurate also. Regarding the supertech filter, My wife works for Wal-Mart, So the supertechs and the DC is 10% off. I know that the Champs are the best filter for the money out there.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
T-Keith, The Ecotech that Saab uses is not even in the same ball park with the USA built ecotec. The only part it has in common is the block casting,acces. and small items like pastners. The internals are all done buy Saab. The displacment of 2.0 is not about WRC either. Early on Saab had sent memo's to GM Powertrain about borepolishing when forcedinduction was used on the ecotech as sent to them. Saab got permission to rework the engine and they did. So you get piston oilers, different crank, different pistons, different cam etc........

That's why I said "on their own" I don't believe they've completely relinquished control to GM Powertrain but they are definitely not making new engines. BTW, I believe the Supercharged Ecotec used in the Cobalt and Ion uses many of the same internal parts as Saab's turbo 2.0.

Regardless the Ecotec is not the same engine as the Atlas series engines.

-T

Like ToyotaNSaturn, I want to know how the TBN could possibly be 9.8.
shocked.gif

More evidence of calibration problems?
confused.gif

--- Bror Jace

In my limited experience, TBN can be severely skewed by even minor coolant leaks. I would expect zero sodium and potassium from MDC.

Perhaps a slight seep and fuel loading caused the irregularities.

Pressure test is irrelevant, imho compared to a uoa. The high TBN should be a clue.

Like Tery said a reagent glycol test is fairly acurrate if they did this.

I might add that they also pressure tested the block and it came back good. I also got them to do a VOA of the bulk GM Goodwrench Oil. I know for a fact that it is Drive Clean, and it's even labeld as such on the barrel. VOA posted for the doubters of the GRP III conspiracy by me
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back