Mobil 1 m1-113a 5,872 miles, mobil 1 5w-30 EP HM

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
here is a M1-113a that was in service on a 2018 silverado 2500hd 6.0 LY6 with 5,872 miles and probably plenty of idle time. filter held up great and even caught some stuff. this truck ran its first 110k miles on bulk dealer oil changes until i took over changing oil. First mobil 1 filter i’ve cut open and i will say, that base plate is heavy and very nice. i’ve noticed i’ve never had a mobil 1 oil filter stick either so the gasket must be pretty decent. the junk seen on the ADBV is from it falling on the drain pan.

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5255.jpeg
    IMG_5255.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5252.jpeg
    IMG_5252.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5251.jpeg
    IMG_5251.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5250.jpeg
    IMG_5250.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5249.jpeg
    IMG_5249.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5248.jpeg
    IMG_5248.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5247.jpeg
    IMG_5247.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 87
Looks good at ~5900 mi. Don't see any slits or indentions in adbv either, good. Generally speaking though, I find M1 to be overpriced OFs for blended media type. WM online lists regular retail price for topic filter. ~$17 , but $11.44 when purchased online for pick up. I'd be curious to see WM off the shelf price. Iirc, most are like ~ $1 more than the Fram Endurance. I'll look closer at pricing next time in WM.

Thanks for c&p.

Looks good at ~5900 mi. Don't see any slits or indentions in adbv either, good. Generally speaking though, I find M1 to be overpriced OFs for blended media type. WM online lists regular retail price for topic filter. ~$17 , but $11.44 when purchased online for pick up. I'd be curious to see WM off the shelf price. Iirc, most are like ~ $1 more than the Fram Endurance. I'll look closer at pricing next time in WM.

Thanks for c&p.
they are overpriced but when i deal with AAP the bundle pricing makes it not so bad. the oil filter is pretty much free. it just depends on cost at that time what oil filter goes on the trucks. these are fleet trucks, not my personal vehicles.

they are overpriced but when i deal with AAP the bundle pricing makes it not so bad. the oil filter is pretty much free.......
Yes, an oil and filter promo might be the only way I could be interested in an M1 OF currently. That said, it's been years since I've seen one that beats purchase of separate synthetic oil and filter of my choice. Since AAP mentioned, two examples, closeouts of Total Quartz and Castrol Edge Gold, significantly beats any oil and filter promo I've seen.

That said, doesn't change topic M1 c&p looks good.

Update, said I would check WM M1 pricing and it appears store price now same as online price, ~$11.33, to $11.44. Price at WM has come down from what they were, now less than Endurance. Looking at the 7317 equivalent M1-110A?, on the outside and down outlet looks very similar to the US (Not Mexico) made Bosch Premium 3323 I got stashed from Rock Auto. My speculation, close to same. The ones I got from RA, ~$4-5 shipped.

I also checked pricing elsewhere like AP stores and Rock Auto, currently WM is by far lowest priced. Some AP stores want top retail ~$17 or more. :rolleyes:

Yes, an oil and filter promo might be the only way I could be interested in an M1 OF currently. That said, it's been years since I've seen one that beats purchase of separate synthetic oil and filter of my choice. Since AAP mentioned, two examples, closeouts of Total Quartz and Castrol Edge Gold, significantly beats any oil and filter promo I've seen.

That said, doesn't change topic M1 c&p looks good.
my local stores didn’t even stock the castrol edge so there was no close out. i just buy whatever bundle is cheapest. i only buy auto parts/fluids through AAP. i have a helper that goes and picks up orders but he cannot think for himself much less pick up what i ask him to. so online orders at AAP are what i use and he just grabs them.

my local stores didn’t even stock the castrol edge so there was no close out. i just buy whatever bundle is cheapest. i only buy auto parts/fluids through AAP. i have a helper that goes and picks up orders but he cannot think for himself much less pick up what i ask him to. so online orders at AAP are what i use and he just grabs them.
As noted, only used Edge example because AAP mentioned. Granted that was a super deal on the oil and closeout(s) the only time I buy oil from them. But, I also have rebated M1 EP, QS Full Synthetic and Amazon Basics Syn all purchased at low prices.

That said, after reading your reasoning, I understand why the AAP oil&filter promos work for you. (y)

Back