Mobil 1 Extended Performance M1-212A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: doolah02
Mobil 1 are good filters, I was using Fram Ultras which are good filters too but I was getting a lot
of startup noise with them. Thanks for the pics.

Me too, concerning the Ultras.
Never tried a Mobil-1 yet. Need to experiment first on a couple K&Ns I bought.

Originally Posted By: nthach
That M1EP filter still has plenty of life on it.

TG(or even the new OCOD) or Motorcraft would be my go-tos for short runs.

No motorcraft stuff for me. Being Puro made; ill gladly keep using Tough Guards
smile.gif

You gentlemen are welcome for pics. I'll cut a Parts Plus 2808 later today

I'm bringing this thread back up because yesterday I installed a new 108A and I noticed that the center tube louvers did not extend all the way up. I would say the tube is two thirds louvered and one third solid.

Anyone else seen this? I'm thinking of swapping it off.

With what I've seen on the M1 EP filters, it's just convinced me to stay away. Overpriced, not as good construction as FU, and Pim's comment. Just buy Ultra!

Pim, I'd run it out to your normal change, it's fine for your OCI.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
With what I've seen on the M1 EP filters, it's just convinced me to stay away. Overpriced, not as good construction as FU, and Pim's comment. Just buy Ultra!

Pim, I'd run it out to your normal change, it's fine for your OCI.

I think I will. I haven't noticed any difference in sound nor any warnings. This plus the one I found with glue sealant all over the baseplate and other threads here is prompting me to change over in the next oci.

Something has changed lately in their construction and it's not for the better.

M1 has cheapened their filters by making the media less efficient to hit the 20k rating, but if you're not running a 20k OCI and don't plan on using them for several hundred K miles, I don't think a single OCI on ANY name brand filter will negatively impact today's engines. If you are in the 5-8k OCI range, '53 Stude has cut a literal TON of filters that should serve you well, plus give a great visual presentation of today's available lower-cost filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back