Mobil 1 10W/30 E.P. and Filter- 2010 Chrylser 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kender
Originally Posted By: Topo
I keep all my receipts and filter labels and record my changes. According to the owners manual, they recommend every 6,000 miles. It doesn't say have to. I already study the law and the warranty. I was well short of 15,000 miles on Filter and Oil that is guarenteed for 15,000 miles. If I had engine failure due to the oil, Mobil would have to fix my issues.

Mobil 1 says "UP TO 15,000 miles"

Also, Mobil says you should use the manufacturer OCI while your car is under warranty.
Someone else ( Chrysler, Mobil) is NOT going to pay for your lack of maintenance.
09.gif

Quote:

Someone else ( Chrysler, Mobil) is NOT going to pay for your lack of maintenance

I would not extend OCI under warranty either, but 10K on a premium long drain synthetic oil is hardly lack of maintenance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Quote:

Someone else ( Chrysler, Mobil) is NOT going to pay for your lack of maintenance

I would not extend OCI under warranty either, but 10K on a premium long drain synthetic oil is hardly lack of maintenance.

Depends on the driving conditions. But it probably is a reason for chrysler to deny a claim under warranty if their is engine damage. Even if that damage had nothing to do with the 10,000 mile OCI.
Also, I wouldn't trust a UOA from blackstone anyway. We've seen too many wild numbers that change on a retest.
49.gif

I drive 28 miles one way to work 5 to 6 days a week. I go on 600 miles trips monthly or twice a month. I agree 10,000 miles on Mobil 1 premium synthetic is hardly abuse. My TBN is better than most conventional oils after 3,000 miles..LOL! It won't blow anytime soon, at least until I own it. Doesn't knock, Ping or clunk, very quit, doesn't really burn any oil. Mobil 1 spoke to me on the phone and they will warranty it if its an oil issue that caused engine failure. As for the OEM they will warranty there engine failure, because it recommended for 6000 changes, but not specifically said you had to. In addition Mobil 1 synthetic is far superior at 10 or 11 miles than any conventional oil at 6,000 miles.

We shall find out in another 2,000 miles if my report changes with Blackstone and I will repost for all to see..If i'm a betting man it won't show high aluminum wear. Or perhaps I will take it to another lab, for example Belle Tire will pull some and send it to their Amsoil lab, but that scares me, because they might be biased to.

Interesting Read: Chrysler Warranty ( Not The Gospel )

Chrysler Recants under Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act Quote

The below is a copy of a recent email exchange I had with DaimlerChrysler. This exchange came about because a friend recently purchased a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica and was told things that were less then the truth when he picked up the car.

Date: 12/21/04 09:29:30
Subject: Re: DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance

"3000 oil mile oil and filter change"

I would like information about the Quote Required oil change at every 3000 miles. I've a friend that is considering converting to Amsoil synthetic oil. I would like to know how this would affect his new vehicle warranty. I'm sure that you are aware, Amsoil is an oil that can be changed at 25,000 miles or 1 year. The Filters are required to be changed every 6 months. Would converting to Amsoil VOID my friend’s warranty?

Dear Gary:

Thank you for your email to DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation regarding the use of synthetic engine oils.

You may use synthetic engine oils provided that the recommended oil quality requirements are met and the recommended maintenance intervals for oil and filter changes are followed.

For further details about maintenance requirements please see your owner's manual or visit your local DaimlerChrysler dealership.

Thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Senior Staff Representative
DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center

Date: 12/21/04 12:53:31
Subject: Re: Reply to DaimlerChrysler

Thank you for the reply.

Amsoil exceeds the recommendations you have set for your cars.

By this "The recommended maintenance intervals for oil and filter changes are followed." do you mean that as long as I change the Amsoil Filter and Oil at Amsoils recommended interval that my Warranty will NOT be Voided.

Dear Gary:

That would be the maintenance schedule that is in the owners manual that came with your vehicle.

Sincerely,

Date: 12/22/04 05:14:01
Subject: Re: Reply to DaimlerChrysler

"The recommended maintenance intervals for oil and filter changes are followed."

Amsoil is 25,000 mile or 1 year oil with a filter change at six months. You are saying that if I don't change my oil every 3000 miles, which is bogus that my warranty will be voided. What if I happen to have my oil analyzed and it shows that the oil is good for continued use.

According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
Public Law 93-637 US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Section 2302

c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission No Warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge [FREE] under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if -

(1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and

(2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest. The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefore.

So as long as the oil is Good for continued use or You Provide me FREE oil changes how can you say I have to change my oil every 3000 miles.

Dear Gary:

Those are only recommendations and your warranty would only be voided if any damage to the engine was diagnosed as a lack of maintenance. Under those circumstances you would be asked for maintenance records to prove that vehicle was maintained properly. If you will consult the warranty manual you will find what is covered by the manufacture's warranty and what is not covered.

Sincerely,

Overview:

So what does this mean to you. It means you can convert to AMSOIL and as long as the oil is found to be good for continued use due to the findings of an Oil analysis. An you present those reports to your dealer, that your dealer CAN NOT Void your warranty. So as long as you have taken the correct steps to ensure that they can't void your warranty you can Convert to AMSOIL. For those steps please read The Trigard Plan and the steps needed.

Know somebody that's been down this road. It really comes down to how much money you have for a lawyer. Probably not as much as Chrysler does. Legal fees could easily top repair fees. Its your words against theirs. Receipts or no receipts, the warranty is what is you signed, not an email. Stick with that till the warranty is over. Then do whatever you want. Also suggest you don't contact them telling them your going outside what they recommend, may come back to haunt you.

Last edited:
Not saying a word. I the end i'm just changing it at 6,000 miles. Lot less headache..I have it going into the shop for rear end fluid change. I'm going to have them do an inspection on it and maybe a oil pressure check. Than when they give me a glowing review, I will start going only 6,000 miles on oil change to be safe. Chris

I'm contributing my high aluminum and cylinder wear, along with high silcone readings on my K@N Drop in filter. After reading tons of stuff on them, must people don't recommend them as they typical let more dirt into the engine. So I'm taking it out and putting a stock filter in my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back