Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV finally coming to U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may inject some momentum into Mitsu's long failing US sales efforts.
The Outlander is fairly attractive in a generic sort of way and it lacks the silliness that mars some small CUVs.
You can buy a '17 now for surprisingly little money.
I would love to see Mitsubishi rebuild its product line and expand in this market.
More choice is always a good thing for those shopping for new cars.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

I would love to see Mitsubishi rebuild its product line and expand in this market.
More choice is always a good thing for those shopping for new cars.

Let's see what Nissan does to Mitsu to revive them. Because of their stagnant product line, many Mitsu dealers stay alive by selling used cars.

If anything, we might see Mitsu-bodied Nissans here, as they are doing in Japan.

Nissan to the rescue?
Kind of reminds me of a story we heard on NPR Saturday of a guy who survived the Hiroshima detonation and who happened to be a Mitsubishi engineer, only to depart for Nagasaki, arriving just in time for guess what.

These Mitsubishi Outlander PHEVs must be arriving at dealerships since there was a recent ad for one.
Interesting layout, and they use a GKN e-transmission with a motor in front, and a motor in back for 4WD.
These could be popular in NYC taxi cabs to finally replace the old Ford Escape Hybrid. Nice shape and size for that.
outlander-phev-seethru.jpg

The Mitsubishi Outlander Hybrid PHEV ($33k) is very expensive compared to a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid ($28k).
You can get $5,800 from the IRS though, so it actually ends up being cheaper! (Zero rebates on the non-plugin Rav4.)

DaRider34, Jeep fans are switching to the Outlander now in droves. That picture means "trail-rated"...
crackmeup2.gif
... or at least tiny-curb rated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back