Mike Tyson versus Roy Jones.

wdn

Listening to the Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones exhibition fight on talkSPORT. Jones seems to be withering after round 2. It is 8, 2-minute rounds.

I watched the fight. It ended in a draw, even though Tyson out-worked him the entire time.

Reactions: JC1
Don’t see that many end in a draw … the celebrity fight was a bit more decisive

Not sure I've ever heard of one end in a draw. But then again I don't much follow boxing.

I worked Mazvidal vs Diaz and GGG vs Derevyabchenko last year. They were exciting even if I wasn't ringside, and I still have the cups ..

Reactions: 4WD
Tyson won, IMO.

Though I did not watch the fight (I DID watch Mayweather vs MacGregor...)
And though I have not really ever followed boxing except for partaking in the hype before the fight (Mazvidal vs Diaz - complete with a visit from the President - took in "more money than three 🏀 basketball games" which makes sense because the Knicks are garbage... That whole company was anyways but let's stay focused here....)
^ Edit: That was UFC.
GGG vs Derevyanchenko wasn't ..

I was hoping Tyson would win it.

I was thinking I was going to wake up and Google it and find "Jones won" (a la Mayweather) but...

In an arena with no fans...

They once filmed a WWE event or two with no fans.

Do you know how stupid it all looks when there is no crowd and no fans to feed off, and basically steer how the event goes? (Now, wrestling is fake, yes, that kind of wrestling is. GREAT actors. But boxing 🥊 🥊 is real and it's the same kind of lack of hype.)

Probably better for the purists since it can showcase what a boxer can do ..

Iron Mike Tyson I think is great.

Is he going to fight again?

Two over the hill fighters who need the money because they blew all of their mega millions earned in their prime. So no, I didn't watch.

I watched the fight. I knew from the start that they were going to have another fight. Tyson won, for a 54 year old guy he really worked Jones. Some of the undercard fights were pretty good fights as well.
Yeah … he looked better than Rocket Roger trying to pitch at that age 😷

Reactions: JC1
Tyson clearly won the fight it was not even close. However they reported during the fight that there would be no winner declared since it was an exhibition match. Declaring the fight a tie was a joke, they should have not said anything.

Nice to see a geezer league, whole host of additional bout stoppers including cardiac arrest and stroke, nothing like being pounded when your +50 and out of puff.

Back