Michelin tires at BJs

New tires are lot of money so I would like to have freshest tires possible. I have been using BJs for over a decade but have not tried Michelin tires till a few days ago for my 2007 Mazda3. The X Tour A/S are in stock with a $150 discount. So I went to the shop and assumed these are popular tires and would be fresh. Man was I wrong. The guy at the shop was kind enough to check the dates for me. The A/S were made in early 2021, and they have A/S 2 which were made in early 2022. No 2023 ones at all. And he went further to say that Michelin tends to produce more tires and stuff shops while Goodyear tends to produce just enough tires. They don't have Goodyear in stock but based on his recent orders and installation, they were fresh. So I ended up with Goodyear maxlife. What would you do. Goodyear is about $40 more in total.

I would do what you’re doing and go with the Goodyear tires. Tires stored in any warehouse can be sitting on the bottom of a heavy stack of tires and become deformed. Good decision.

New tires are lot of money so I would like to have freshest tires possible. I have been using BJs for over a decade but have not tried Michelin tires till a few days ago for my 2007 Mazda3. The X Tour A/S are in stock with a $150 discount. So I went to the shop and assumed these are popular tires and would be fresh. Man was I wrong. The guy at the shop was kind enough to check the dates for me. The A/S were made in early 2021, and they have A/S 2 which were made in early 2022. No 2023 ones at all. And he went further to say that Michelin tends to produce more tires and stuff shops while Goodyear tends to produce just enough tires. They don't have Goodyear in stock but based on his recent orders and installation, they were fresh. So I ended up with Goodyear maxlife. What would you do. Goodyear is about $40 more in total.
I think this might be a reflection of the size, rather than the brand. Some sizes are slower moving than others.

Back