Michelin Harmony Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased these tires July 13th, 2011 and I just want to report my experience with them as I go through the miles (400/week).

Michelin Harmony P205/65R15 92T's, on my 2004 Dodge stratus 2.7L V6, brand new Monroe Sensatrac struts, Moog Mounts, rear ball joints, and all around tie-rods.

I was recently rushed into this tire decision when I blew out my back left ball joint last Thursday on the expressway and did a 90* spin and slid ~80-100ft sideways. Previously I had Bridgestone Potenza g019 grid's that I was going to ditch before winter and I would recommend EVERYONE to stay as far away from those tires as possible. Cupped and sounded like airplanes in 3 months, have read many similar experiences.

I purchased the Michelin's for $437 out the door, alignment, balanced and with belle tires freedom plan. This has to be one of the quietest tire's I've ever had on a car, almost no road noise, responsive handling and cornering and a good soft feeling ride. Tire performance feels on par with the Potenzas, once I get a wet day in I'll definitely report back. What I am really waiting for is the snow, these are supposed to be awesome in it and the tread pattern seems promising.

Anyways rated at 80,000 miles, will keep up with tread wear and hopefully this post will help anyone looking for new tires. So far I am VERY impressed, but I was on day 1 with the Bridgestones as well...

Day 1: Fresh coat of 303 Aerospace for these baby's
imag0031ah.jpg

Michelin Harmonys are great tires. We just put a set on the Avalon yesterday and they are virtually silent on the road. I am on my second set in the Corolla and love them. Glad you like them!

I got The Bridgestone Potenzas on my wifes car and they were awful. I was disgusted. One was wore out in 16,000 miles and the other three were cupping. It sounded like a tank to drive and rode rough for a lincoln. I am surprised my wife didnt complain more. I went back to Sams club, where I bought them and they gave me $250 credit on a set of Michelins, so I got 4 new Michelins, with the $70 dollar rebate for around $200 out the door. I think they were having alot of trouble with the Potenzas because they didnt even try to haggle with me. They just gave me the credit on them and took them off. I probably wouldnt buy a Bridgestone again.

The Harmonys on my my 2005 Camry, which runs the identical size as his Stratus, were made in Canada. They were built in 2007 so I do not know if Michelin still builds them there. They are good tires in the rain; not as good in the snow. Harmonys wear really well but my experience is that they are noisy ay highway speeds for a while after you rotate them.

Mine say made in Italy.

Had a great higher than average speed test this evening, handled far better than my Potenzas changing lanes and still smooth as can be.

It all depends on who you ask. Noisey at highway speeds and harsh over potholes on my "buckboard" 02 accord V6.

Those are some nice looking tires. I have Michelin Destiny on my car. They are the same as the Harmony.

Make sure you go by the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure on the sticker. Also, check your tires early in the morning before the sun shines on them. The sun will give you a false reading because it heats up the tires a little.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
OMG, another Nitrogen user.

Snake oil rides again.

Simply because that's what literally every tire shop does today? I change gravel train tires all day long and in a years time they rarely lose more than 10lbs unless there's damage to the tire. That's with regular air, I check my tires 2-3 times/week.

Finally got to run them in the rain yesterday with some epic thunderstorms that rolled in. Roads were flooding from the heavy rains in such a short period of time, hit some areas with 2-3inches of water across the entire road at 45~50 mph and the wheel held on like they were glued the the pavement.

In that same situation my potenzas would "float" and start to hydroplane in the back causing a serious loss of control. So far VERY VERY impressed with the Michelin's.

Handling honestly doesn't feel any worse or any better than the Potenzas were. They still bite well if I need to maneuver quickly and have smooth transitions through lane changes. Honestly the seem to hold the road better than previous tires, in long sweeping curves I used to be able to hit around 65 before the tires would start to squeal and slip but with these 70 and not even a squeak.

My brother-in-law has Harmony tires in a similar size on his 2005 Accord Coupe (4-cyl). He just installed them recently, and I rode in his car this weekend while on vacation in Pittsburgh. Those tires rode real nice on his car, and helped soften the broken pavement of the South Hills area very well.

I've owned three different sets of the Harmony's sister tires (WeatherWise II from Sears and X Radial from Sam's). I've been happy with every purchase. The Harmony line is my "default" passenger all season tire recommendation because it's a good value and genuinely a good product.

I made an appointment today to get a set of Michelin Harmony's on my 2008 Sienna. The factory LX4's have gotten so noisy I can't stand it anymore. I had a set of Harmony's on a 2004 Freestar van they worked great. I considered the Goodyear Comfort Tread Touring but decided to stay with what worked in the past. I actually found the best deal at the Toyota dealer where I purchased the van.

Last edited:
I agree. Nitrogen makes up 80% of the air we breathe.
Originally Posted By: Scorch
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
OMG, another Nitrogen user.

Snake oil rides again.

Simply because that's what literally every tire shop does today? I change gravel train tires all day long and in a years time they rarely lose more than 10lbs unless there's damage to the tire. That's with regular air, I check my tires 2-3 times/week.

Got the Harmony's installed on my 2008 Sienna yesterday. The tires are super quiet and I'm a happy camper. One thing I really like about Michelin's is they took hardly any weight to balance.

I had Harmony's on a 2000 Honda Civic, very quiet and decent in the snow. Also, the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max has a very similiar tread pattern to the Harmony's and is very similiar in noise and traction. I had those on a Plymouth Voyager and was happy with those as well, and they are a bit cheaper than the Harmony's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back