Mice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Fleetmon
I shoot their shadows too

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

A pet snake, tegu, or monitor would also be a way to dispose of them.

But, all of the same wives/women who are terrified of mice, seem to be in a state of shock at the sight of a reptile.

We had our first ever mouse problem almost a year ago. The guy at Ace Harware recommended the white plastic Ortho snap traps. Slightly pricey- but they sure worked!

White Ortho mouse traps, peanut butter for bait- easy & done.

28 pounds of mouse catching felines, meet Bob & Tom, neutered brothers that tip the scales at 14 pounds a piece. 100% pure farm cat. I dare a mouse to visit my house.

We kept black snakes in our corn cribs and around the feed lots for years, they were eating rats up there.

image.jpg

My old boss had a severe mice problem. I built a trap out of a 5 gal bucket and filled halfway with water. At the top drilled two holes across from each other and shoved a wood dowel through the holes. In the middle of the dowel I placed a metal blade coated with peanut butter. I had a platform to the top of the bucket so the mice could crawl up to the dowel and walk out to the peanut butter coated blade. When the mice climbed onto the blade the dowel spun and dropped the mice into the water....the first 24 hrs I found over 20 mice drowned in the bucket. No need to keep checking, baiting and re-setting traps using the bucket system.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Unfortunately, cats tend to be coyote food around here.

Yes and fisher cats also get them (not really a cat). But a hardy cat who knows his stuff will survive. They can climb almost any tree and can jump.

A cheetah can run about 40 MPH, slow down by 10 MPH in one stride and can jump 5 feet sideways. If your furry pet cat can do a fraction of that he will survive.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Does anyone use glue traps? It does not mention any bait.
Glue traps are inhumane. I use dto spend hours at work removing live mice from glue traps in our cubicle area, and then I'd release then in the field behind the building. Nice way for the company to pay me 35 bucks an hour. I complained about the inhumane traps but they did nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back