Memory Saver for Battery Change

I have a 2020 GMC Acadia. I want to be ready when it is time to change the battery. Two questions:

1. Do I really need some sort of Memory Saver to change the battery so I don't mess up important computer functions?
2. If I need a Memory Saver, what is the best way to do this?

Thank you for your time and knowledge.

I just use my little battery tender. Negative to frame and positive to junction box or positive terminal if you have to.

I have a 2020 GMC Acadia. I want to be ready when it is time to change the battery. Two questions:

1. Do I really need some sort of Memory Saver to change the battery so I don't mess up important computer functions?
2. If I need a Memory Saver, what is the best way to do this?
1. It's a very good idea. Saves all the climate control, radio and convenience settings, learned throttle and transmission adaptions, emissions readiness monitors, etc.

2. I use this one. https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-OBD-L-OBDII-Memory-Detector/dp/B00CH59OAS Plug one end into your OBD2 port and the other end into a jump box or power port of another car. Best thing is it tells you when both ends are powered up and it's safe to disconnect the battery.

Back