Meguiars products longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am curious as to what the is the actual longevity period for "ALL" the Meguiars products referred to on this forum is. To be specific I am referring to a vehicle stored outside 24/7 in a climate such as Florida. I personally have never gotten more than 2-3 months worth of protection regardless of product or paint preparation. This was the main reason I went to using Finish Kare FK1000 made by Meguiars brother not 3M. It has given me at a minimum of 4-6 months beading and shine. No haters just actual experiences please.

Other than coatings, I have never seen more than 2-3 months from most products on the market today...

I've never really cared about longevity. My wife's cars sit outside 24/7 and get waxed every three months minimum. Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax and Griot's Poly Wax handle that just fine.

My car gets a full wax at least monthly or it is stored.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
I've never really cared about longevity. My wife's cars sit outside 24/7 and get waxed every three months minimum. Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax and Griot's Poly Wax handle that just fine.

My car gets a full wax at least monthly or it is stored.

Nice!

For our garaged vehicles...we get about 5-6 months of protection and water-repellent results with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid. Our vehicles don't get all the way to 6 months before a full detail job is done again.

Originally Posted by Donald
I am looking for a wax that lasts from 1 to "when I get around to it" number of months. Think a year or two. Anything out there?

A proper ceramic coating, professionally applied.

Originally Posted by Donald
I am looking for a wax that lasts from 1 to "when I get around to it" number of months. Think a year or two. Anything out there?

What happened to Nu Finish
crackmeup2.gif

I've had good results with Meguiares Mirror Glaze #16. I would say its durability is on par with Collinite 476s. Unfortunately, I'm down to my last tin of this stuff.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
Originally Posted by Malo83
crackmeup2.gif

[Linked Image]

I'm afraid the Nu Finish seems to be plugging that toilet. The water is up to the top.

crackmeup2.gif

[Linked Image]

Your the one on the "other thread" who was done with editorializing this product? Your like a kid in a candy store-just can't let go........

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I'm afraid the Nu Finish seems to be plugging that toilet. The water is up to the top.

LOL. Actually...someone else sent us that image...in response to the question 5 posts back - too shy to share.

In the mean time on topic...responded to the Meguiar's longevity. It does vary by which of their products one uses. The common denominators though are ease of application and visual results.

crackmeup2.gif

[Linked Image]

That coating on the inside of the toilet will last a year! Lol!

Originally Posted by grampi
crackmeup2.gif

[Linked Image]

I've read it's guaranteed for 52 flushes...uh...car washes.

I've used Meguiars products for decades and it seems even after a few hand washes with a minimum amount of car shampoo, there is already some deterioration in the coating - not as slick and slightly less water repellant. I strongly suspect this is the same across the board for any carnauba wax. I would also speculate that outside in your FL sun and uncovered, it will deteriorate even faster. But I have also found that if the finish is cared for, it really takes a minimal amount of time to put on a fresh coat in a month or two. As others mentioned, I would do some research on some of these ceramic coatings on the market.

Originally Posted by NissanMaxima
I've used Meguiars products for decades and it seems even after a few hand washes with a minimum amount of car shampoo, there is already some deterioration in the coating - not as slick and slightly less water repellant. I strongly suspect this is the same across the board for any carnauba wax. I would also speculate that outside in your FL sun and uncovered, it will deteriorate even faster. But I have also found that if the finish is cared for, it really takes a minimal amount of time to put on a fresh coat in a month or two. As others mentioned, I would do some research on some of these ceramic coatings on the market.

I have never gotten good longevity from Meguiar's waxes (not counting their new ceramics, I haven't tried those yet). The longest lasting waxes I've used have been what many people call the "boutique" waxes, such as Collinite, Zaino, Duragloss, Klasse, etc. Also, the type of wash solution has a lot to do with how long a wax will last. Most, if not all car wash solutions should not remove the wax. Some even build on it. Of course, time will remove any wax/sealant, but the proper wash solution should not.

I have never gotten good longevity from Meguiar's waxes (not counting their new ceramics, I haven't tried those yet). The longest lasting waxes I've used have been what many people call the "boutique" waxes, such as Collinite, Zaino, Duragloss, Klasse, etc. Also, the type of wash solution has a lot to do with how long a wax will last. Most, if not all car wash solutions should not remove the wax. Some even build on it. Of course, time will remove any wax/sealant, but the proper wash solution should not.

Thanks for your honesty as I have had the same experience even with Meguiars Ultimate Wax which is synthetic. I remember reading somewhere that all carnauba based waxes break down in intense heat such as FL and do not last although they look great at the start. That's how I learned about the Finish Kare FK1000 as it is a high temp synthetic wax that doesn't break down and last quite long on a vehicle stored outside in FL. ANYTHING will last for sometime when the vehicle is garaged at which point it comes down to more of personal preference as to how well it looks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 007

Thanks for your honesty as I have had the same experience even with Meguiars Ultimate Wax which is synthetic. I remember reading somewhere that all carnauba based waxes break down in intense heat such as FL and do not last although they look great at the start. That's how I learned about the Finish Kare FK1000 as it is a high temp synthetic wax that doesn't break down and last quite long on a vehicle stored outside in FL. ANYTHING will last for sometime when the vehicle is garaged at which point it comes down to more of personal preference as to how well it looks.

I've also heard the FK 1000 is long lasting, though I've never tried it...

crackmeup2.gif

[Linked Image]

And resist skid marks for a year.

I have never gotten good longevity from Meguiar's waxes (not counting their new ceramics, I haven't tried those yet).

Have you tried any of their Ultimate lineup...such as Ultimate Liquid?

I can testify that the longevity of that product is definitely as good as many of the other products you named. In our case...lasting 4-6 months without any problem at all. Supplemented with an occasional spray wax on top after washing...it looks like and gets water beading/runoff just like it was just waxed even after that time period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back